Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drcnyc
Punch Card
Views: 1,476
Message 1 of 8

Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock Cable - Too Short

I have just purchased the new Workstation dock (40AN0230US) for my P1, and was disappointed to find that the proprietary cable was so short. I keep my dock further away from my laptop to avoid cable clutter. Does anyone know if Lenovo is planning to release a longer version of this cable?

wa-g
What's DOS?
Views: 1,369
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock Cable - Too Short

Have you had any luck finding a longer cable? I just purchased two of these and cables are ridiculously short! Thanks,
drcnyc
Punch Card
Views: 1,362
Message 3 of 8

Nope, ended up having to buy a 3ft active TB3 cable to connect the computer to the dock, and am just using the power brick to power the computer. It’s a shame to have to do this, but the only option if the included 1.5ft cable (!!) is not long enough for you. Make sure to get an active cable if you use dual 4K/60hz as you will need the 40GB/s bandwidth.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,328
Message 4 of 8

Hi All,

Just to let you know I'm waiting for exact details on part number and length as Lenovo do offer a longer active cable, I think 2M long and will update this thread when I receive the information.

Edit: Yes it's 2M long, Part #4Z50Q79291 - LINTES Thunderbolt™ 3 (40Gbps) Active Cable 

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

drcnyc
Punch Card
Views: 1,320
Message 5 of 8

Is this just an active thunderbolt cable or is this a longer version of the thunderbolt workstation dock cable - which has the combined power / thunderbolt in one cable?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,281
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

Just an active cable; here's a link to the manufacturer / supplier's site
http://www.lintestech.com/productsDia.php?cls=N000001&id=56&color=&size=51

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

GPQ
Paper Tape
Views: 335
Message 7 of 8

Hello LENOVO,

Please work on a longer cord. This is ridiculous that in  a Design and Engineering specific laptop dock where desk space for prints and parts is a must.  Of course the dock will be placed a safe distance out of the way.  Such a short cable makes no sense other then the lower pumping through but I'm sure an extra foot wouldn't be a hindrance.  Please inform when a longer cable is available.  I so looked forward to my new p52 and dock setup till I had to use it.  

Thank you

Highlighted
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 307
Message 8 of 8

Hi GPQ, 2m is the longest Thunderbolt 3 cable which will work. $80-$100 from various vendors. Just be sure to get 40Gbps 5A (100W).

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors