Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macauln83
Blue Screen Again
Views: 176
Message 1 of 2

USB C Thunderbolt Dock Issue, asking for firmware update

Hi, i have a T470 that connects to a UCB C Lenvo thunderbolt dock, occasinly it requires the firmware to be updated (i done this last month) however it is erroring again saying i need to conncact my pc manufacturer for new firmware, i have just checked and there is no new firmware on the lneovo website, i installed all the latested packages that were there, does nayone know where i can get the new firmware and if there is any workaround? The dock is not showing as connected in the dock software window, however the dock light goes from yellow to white when i polug it into the laptop, so it does see the connection they just cant talk to each other.

Thanks 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 101
Message 2 of 2

Re: USB C Thunderbolt Dock Issue, asking for firmware update

Hi macauln83!

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What is the exact docking station model do you own? If you have the Thinkpad Thunderbolt 3 Docking station, there is a Firmware update available dated 14th March 2019. You can check it here, https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/acc100356.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors