Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-21-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Unstable Monitors on ThinkPad Universal USB-C with X380 Yoga

2021-10-21, 14:10 PM

I am trying to connect my ThinkPad Universal USB-C dock to my X380 Yoga laptop and it will not stay connected.  I have a USB keyboard and two monitors connected to the dock and when I plug it into the laptop it will show the monitors working as extended desktops for a few minutes then it will start disconnecting and sending everything back to my laptop screen only, then it will reconnect and move things back to the monitors and so on.  I've tried unplugging and replugging everything and I tried downloading the most updated drivers with reboot as well.  Sometimes I can get up to 30 minutes of it working, but then it will revert back.  

I also disconnected the monitors and keyboard and just tried to use the dock as a power source, but it was doing the same disconnect/reconnect where it would make my laptop screen flicker in and out.  

Appreciate any help you all have! 

Options

6571 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

997 Signins

33254 Page Views

• Views: 33254
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Unstable Monitors on ThinkPad Universal USB-C with X380 Yoga

2021-10-21, 15:51 PM

Hello SB_42!

Welcome to community forums!

Can you provide the exact model of the dock, OS version on the laptop, and the BIOS version?

Have you tried installing the driver/firmware of the dock?

Try manually installing the GPU driver here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x380-yoga/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Graphics%20Processing%20Units%20%28GPU%29%20and%20Server-AI%20Accelerators

Update us on how it goes.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms