Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

02-19-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 14

Re: Update! - Critical Intel Thunderbolt Software and Firmware Updates - ThinkPad

2020-02-19, 10:33 AM
We also have the L390 and experiencing USB-C problems you describe. Did you actually manage to get any response/fix/workaround for the issue? Indeed disappointing!
Options

1 Posts

01-30-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 12 of 14

Re: Update! - Critical Intel Thunderbolt Software and Firmware Updates - ThinkPad

2020-02-19, 12:24 PM

Stay tuned. We are hoping to have something from Lenovo later this week.

Options

8 Posts

04-15-2015

Dominican Republic

6 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 13 of 14

Re:Update! - Critical Intel Thunderbolt Software and Firmware Updates - ThinkPad

2021-01-19, 13:50 PM

Hi, 

This is my first time with a thunderbolt hub 3 gen 2, I installed yesterday the update, via lenovo vantage, Before the update everything was fine, but after the update, the external monitor, that I was as extended for my laptop, I have a Thinkpad Yoga x1, 4th gen, the monitor shows the display resolution wrong and the monitor looks wierd, even though has the same as before. I connected to the HDMI output and works fine.

As I say before the update everything was fine.

There is a procedure tu do it? I read that you have to disconnect everything from it during the update? Is it true? Also I can reinstall the firmware? How I do it? or I just have to reinstall again by running the setup again?

Thank you for your answer.

Options

4 Posts

03-30-2021

Netherlands

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 14 of 14

Re:Update! - Critical Intel Thunderbolt Software and Firmware Updates - ThinkPad

2021-03-30, 12:27 PM

I have a Thinkpad X1 carbon 6th. 

I worked with different usb-c cables and adapters to Display(mini)port, they all worked with 4K 60Hz on both usb-c ports.
Then after 3 months I unplugged everything to bring  my laptop along. When I got back, none worked anymore. Even the HDMI port was dead.
Lenovo 'fixed' it with a new motherboard. At first it worked again. But they advised to update all drivers and firmware, because the new motherboard was stil at version of 2018(just like my original motherboard).
After install of all the latest firmware updates, both USB-C ports refuse to deliver to displayport. The only one that still works is USB-C to HDMI, but this one does not give more than 30hz on 4K.(hurts your eyes)
I think Lenovo just disabled the displayport over usb-c, because of too many problems.

The very expensive USB-C port replicator of Lenovo does work of course! (but this is probably using something else, like displaylink or so)

p.s. There are multiple threads about this similar problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-carbon-mini-display-don-t-work/m-p/5073091?page=1#5294738

Here I answered the same. Because I think I can help anybody, cause it is such a frustrating issue, as many of us work more from home where you might not have the 'fancy' docking station.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms