Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 1,512
Message 11 of 14

Re: WRITEit and Lenovo Active Pen

Hi

For what I had tested "Le-note" works in a different way from "Write It". Le-Note is  more like a notebook with notes while Write It was more like a canvas that can be transparent in top of things. I personally dislike when the developer discontinue their software and just leave the source code on the drawer, it like when the developer turns it at least open source.

But I guess you can keep trying both.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

jpickerell
What's DOS?
Views: 1,415
Message 12 of 14

FYI, the last version that seems to have been released (towards the end of 2016 from what I can tell) was version 2.4.35 and can still be downloaded at the original download link of http://download lenovo com/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/metroapps/WRITEit/Install/WRITEit-Setup.exe

Highlighted
rccryan
Punch Card
Views: 739
Message 13 of 14

@jpickerell: I greatly appreciate the info on the (likely) final version of WRITEit. However, I found your link didn't work without some tweaks because there were spaces where there should have been dots for some reason. Anyway, here is a working version of the link: 

http://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/metroapps/WRITEit/Install/WRITEit-Setup.exe

It seems to run just fine on my Lenovo Yoga 14 (20fy0002us) under Windows 10 Pro x64.

jpickerell
What's DOS?
Views: 732
Message 14 of 14

@rccryan, thanks for posting the "corrected" link for others to have! A good reference to go back to. Not sure what took out the periods when I posted!

And not that it will do any good, but it's a shame that Lenovo stopped developing the WRITEit app as the functionality that it adds to Windows when using a pen in great! Microsoft could learn a few things from it and roll the functionality into Windows directly (being able to write on the screen and have that handwritten text converted to typed text anywhere text input is available).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors