Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 31 of 44 (5,158 Views)

Re: Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Combo Malfunction - Mouse works, Keyboard doesn't

[ Edited ]

I had the very same problem. My mouse working like a charm, but the keyboard completely unresponsive. I tried a variety of the methods mentioned in this thread, but nothing seemed to work. Until i did the following:

1) Remove batteries from the keyboard, with the mouse still turned on and the usb-dongle inserted in the laptop/pc.

2) Hold f2. f3 and f4 while inserting batteries in the keyboard, and closing the battery compartment.

3)Let go of f2, f3 and f4 and then press 3 once.

So, the same as many others in this thread has suggested.

HOWEVER. I tried this many times without it working at all (keyboard still being wholly unresponsive), but then found someone suggesting holding the keyboard as close to the usb-dongle as possible (30 cm away at the most.) And this time it worked at first try. 

I hope this will be helpful for some.

I did this on a Lenovo Thinkpad S440.

Moderator comment: Subject reverted to match thread.

What's DOS?
Message 32 of 44 (5,120 Views)

This procedure is defined elsewhere in this thread but the instructions aren't that clear.  I had similar symptoms, but it was strictly certain keyboard keys that would not operate.  Tried all the usual stuff, even the instructions elsewhere in this thread but found they were lacking.  Called Lenovo support (Manilla so no issues with time of day) who were quite helpful and this re-pairing procedure fixed the issue.  Felt the instructions were lacking so trying to improve them here.   This works best if the keyboard is face up on your desk when you do it:

1. Depress the F2, F3, and F4 buttons simultaneously and keep them depressed.
  2. With your other hand, remove the battery cover and batteries,  Tip the keyboard a little to get the batteries out, keep the F keys depressed with your other hand.
  3. Wait at least 5 seconds.
  4. Replace the batteries and the battery cover.
  5. Wait a moment, the battery indicator light should start blinking.   When it stops blinking, release the F buttons youve been holding down.   You may see something on your screen blinking from holding down those buttons after it re-establishes connection   if case, wait for that to stop. 
  6. The keyboard should be re-paired, give it a test run   

This worked - but only for a while, i am still in need of a warranty replacement sadly.

What's DOS?
Message 33 of 44 (4,684 Views)

Missing usb receiver,

HELLO EVERYONE,

I bought all in one Flex 20 desktop from Lenovo, which comes with a combo wireless keyboard and mouse. The usb reciever is missing, what should I do and who can I contact.

Thanks

LJL
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 44 (4,549 Views)

This one worked for me INCLUDING step 4. Thanks

What's DOS?
Message 35 of 44 (3,048 Views)

THIS WORKS!!!! Must hold down the keys, remove batteries, replace batteries, then release the keys.
What's DOS?
Message 36 of 44 (3,048 Views)

Press the F2, F3, and F4 keys at the same time.
Put the batteries in the battery compartment and close the cover.
Release the F2, F3, and F4 keys and press 3 key one time.
Keyboard will be successful in pairing with the receiver
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 44 (3,048 Views)

Press the F2, F3, and F4 keys at the same time before taking the batteries out.

Put the batteries in the battery compartment and close the cover.

Release the F2, F3, and F4 keys and press 3 key one time. I didn't have to press the 3 key.

Keyboard will be successful in pairing with the receiver

Paper Tape
Message 38 of 44 (2,296 Views)

mouse works keyboard doesn't. silver silk wireless keyboard

What's DOS?
Message 39 of 44 (2,161 Views)

Just had this problem with a new pc.

In the end i plugged the dongle into the usb-3 port on the side and it worked so i put it back in one on the rear and it still worked.

What's DOS?
Message 40 of 44 (1,550 Views)

Forehead slap, can you people listen to yourselves? In this day and age, Lenovo don't put a pairing button (like say; 95% of the companies that make wireless keyboards) on their devices. Just changed the batteries on my son's wireless keyboard and will no longer pair - then to read that absolutely ludicrous pairing sequence and its permutations throughout the thread (juggle batteries, while pressin F...., while running in a circle with a flower on your forehead... are you people insane!??)

Lenovo - I have to deal with your sub-standard hardware at work...to have to deal with this absolute mess - for a keyboard! Is an absolute shambles, from a truly shambolic company... keep up the bad work...I'm off to buy a Logitech mouse/keyboard...you know the one's that have a pairing button and config software in case you loose your dongle..without having to buy both a mouse and keyboard! Shambles!!!!

Top Kudoed Authors