Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 4 (1,346 Views)

X1 Thinkpad Lenovo 65W Travel AC Adapter - no country plugs!?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Lenovo offers the 65W Travel AC Adapter to be lighter and smaller than the ordinary AC Adapters,

which it is why it is handy for travel.

Also, it comes with a country specific plug, that can be removed / changed,

anyhow, I learned Lenovo does not think that to exchange the power plug makes it a travel adapter, apparently.

This is despite the fact that the country plug can be removed.

Amazing.

So here there is few questions:

1) why does Lenovo not sell a kit with the spare country plugs for different countries?

After all, that was meant to be a travel adapter?! Ah no, i forgot, the hotline told me it is only a travel adapter because it is smaller and lighter - NOT becuase you can remove the country specific plug!!!

2) The only picture with the other country plugs is attached, anyhow I found it on a site with bad english, which is why my concern is it might be a copy, not the original part.

3) This document shows the US, CN and EU country plugs with Replacement Number Parts (FRU),

e.g. FRU 03X6286 for the US country plug. Anyhow, nobody seems to be able to ship such a single country plug.

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/documents/acc100125

4)This document shows the country plugs for other regions, e.g. UK, AU, BR...

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/documents/acc100168

Why are these two seperate documents / what is the difference - if there is any -

since the body part FRU 03X8995 seems to be the same in both editions?!

5) In case those parts can not be shipped, is it known if Lenovo relied on a standard housing / enclosure

for which I could find the country plugs elsewhere?

Thanks a lot.

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 4 (1,285 Views)

Re: X1 Thinkpad Lenovo 65W Travel AC Adapter - no country plugs!?

Hello, will a Lenovo engineer look at this soon? I would like to know why it is that one can not get separate country plugs!

In the meantime i am furnishing a German version of this post as Germans are focused on environmental friendly business practice,

this AC power plug topic might be a match for the "planned product obsolescence" forum.
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4 (1,086 Views)

Hi there, 

I'm searching to buy the US plug in peace for the charger. 

Is it sold separately and where can i buy it from? 

Thanks 

Punch Card
Message 4 of 4 (598 Views)

Hi folks,

has anyone ended understanding this? I wanted to buy the travel adapter for my x1 yoga but is such a confusion that I don't know which and where to buy.

Thanks

Top kudoed Authors