Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

202 Posts

11-07-2009

United States of America

190 Signins

1404 Page Views

• Views: 1404
  • Message 1 of 50

disappointed with Thinkpad Trackpoint Keyboard II quality

2020-06-23, 17:49 PM

It was lying on the table for 1 week and today I just found the left leg was already broken. It is really difficulty to figure out which support phone to call --- Lenovo tried very hard to hide that number. But when I finally called, I found there is no option "accessory". Hold 15min to get a live Indian, she asked me to give the machine type and serial number. But where is machine type for a keyboard? 

Oh, "I can forward", Forward to another line but phone was disconnected after exact 30min. Attempted twice all the same situation. 

Tried my MTSA account, same situation: machine type and serial number. 

I ended up hit "Return Order" button. I am lucky it is still within return window. I don't have more time to play their game. 

Answer
Options

11994 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33123 Signins

1241855 Page Views

• Views: 1241855

Re:disappointed with Thinkpad Trackpoint Keyboard II quality

2020-07-30, 17:32 PM

All,

It appears there are some difficulties in managing replacement feet as a separate part which can be sent alone to resolve the issue and as such support will be offering replacement keyboards which, depending on language and location, may take a little while to become available, I have edited my post up topic to remove the foot FRU number. I would like to suggest that you open a case by calling support and opening a case, when replacements become available they will be sent.

If the representative appears to be unaware of the issue please kindly ask them to review recently released Call Center and Servicer tips.

How to call support by phone. Select the keyboard as the product on the support site and then copy and paste the following into the browser address field, it will provide the correct number to call for your country.

http://support.lenovo.com/supportphonelist

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Replies(49)
Options

1 Posts

06-24-2020

China

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 50

2020-06-24, 5:52 AM

Hi Dbao

Welcome to the Lenovo forum.

This is a known issue due to the incoming material of the vendor factory production line and vendor will improve it by optimizing the incoming material.

Hope it's useful for you.

Options

202 Posts

11-07-2009

United States of America

190 Signins

1404 Page Views

• Views: 1404
  • Message 3 of 50

2020-06-24, 8:14 AM

I finally get hold with a live person over the phone tonight. She said I can either contact Encompass, or return, or exchange.  It is clear that Encompass does not sell any parts for stand alone keyboard. Thinking about 2 months waiting time to get this keyboard shipped, I decided to return and quit. 

Options

7 Posts

07-09-2020

United States of America

18 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 4 of 50

Horrible quality on ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard II

2020-07-10, 0:22 AM

I was one of the first to order this keyboard when it came out. After 6 weeks from delivery, one of its feet has broken and the second looks like it's about to give. I tried to register it so that I can ask for a replacement under warranty but the website does not recognize the S/N ("No product found" or "The format is not correct"). I tried to contact support via chat but it states "Chat support is not available for this product. Click for more options", which just redirects to this forum. I could not find any email to contact for warranty support on the website. I see other users having similar issues with this keyboard having spent hours on the phone without successfully resolving their problems. I tried to look at the warranty ((English) Lenovo Limited Warranty), but the link itself is broken. What horrible service.

Options

7 Posts

07-09-2020

United States of America

18 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 5 of 50

Re:Horrible quality on ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard II

2020-07-10, 19:01 PM

Similar Issue here. The link to the warranty seems to now be working. Surprisingly, I am not even allowed to change my original 5-star review because too much time has passed since I got it (<2 months).

Options

2 Posts

07-13-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 6 of 50

2020-07-13, 16:29 PM

I have had exactly this same experience just the other day. 

Right down to being unable to lookup the serial number on the Support site to open a ticket. 

Really upset and disappointed. I like this keyboard a lot, but I liked it much better when I could tilt it up a little bit. And the fact that it seems impossible to contact anyone at Lenovo to get support for something so simple is wildly frustrating. 

Options

21 Posts

03-21-2017

United States of America

50 Signins

360 Page Views

• Views: 360
  • Message 7 of 50

2020-07-13, 21:23 PM

Same here... The plastic support is quite fragile and broke the first time I tilt it up. And also no acceptable serial number format. The keyboard comes under the ThinkPad name, which should be a brand for high quality and god build. But now I suspect if it only share the same quality like those non-business brands. 

Options

1 Posts

07-17-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 8 of 50

ThinkPoint Keybard II - poor quality

2020-07-17, 13:49 PM

Helo, can someone get spare legs for ThinkPoint Keyboard II? This keyboard is quite fine, except its legs. After three days of usage, one leg has broken - quite same situation as described in some product reviews. I tried to register this KB on my Lenovo account, but Lenovo does not find this keyboard by name nor serial number. 

As with all new Lenovo product, I'm strongly dissatisfied with mechanical design quality - every generation is worse tha n the previous one. 

will Lenovo replace faulting legs - or should I  3D print my own? That sounds like a bad joke for keyboard that socts almost €100

Options

7 Posts

07-09-2020

United States of America

18 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 9 of 50

2020-07-18, 17:54 PM

Someone from Lenovo finally took action on this! They looked at my original post titled "Horrible quality on ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard II", then deleted it and moved its responses to this thread (as messages 4 to 7). Of course no-one actually reached out to resolve the actual problem, or fix the website to accept the S/N so that a warranty claim can be filed.

Now, the actual web search result for the original post redirects to a random thread about a 'Lenovo Battery Firmware Update Tool'.

Options

5662 Posts

04-25-2008

United States of America

40113 Signins

771864 Page Views

• Views: 771864
  • Message 10 of 50

2020-07-18, 21:25 PM
Hi utopcell, That was forum moderation (me), doing something we try to help with when several threads appear on one subject: merging them so that all the discussion is in one place.
USB-C: Just cos it fits don't mean it works.
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms