Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

11809 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33080 Signins

1238570 Page Views

• Views: 1238570
  • Message 11 of 44

Re:disappointed with Thinkpad Trackpoint Keyboard II quality

2020-07-21, 13:45 PM

Hi All,

Sorry if you have experienced this issue, clearly not one we would expect customers to have. Please contact support in your country and request a resolution, initially there may only be complete updated keyboards available as replacements but replacement feet should be becoming available very soon and have the FRU [removed]. Yes the manufacturing issue regarding the feet has been resolved so any replacement should no longer present any issue.

Admin edit: removed the FRU number, refer to later posts.

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

7 Posts

07-09-2020

United States of America

18 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 12 of 44

2020-07-23, 5:35 AM

Andy,

(1) your online chat support redirects to this forum, so a replacement cannot be asked.

(2) a warranty request is not possible because the product's S/N is not recognized:

(3) The user on the first post tried to call support and was rerouted multiple times until support hung up on them, twice.

How exactly is this acceptable customer support, that is 'clearly not one we would expect customers to have' ?

I understand that manufacturing mistakes can happen, and wouldn't give a second thought to it, but the way this is being addressed is disrespectful. I have have at least a dozen Thinkpads over the years and I would think twice before getting another one after this. The company I work for hands out macbooks, dells and thinkpads, and I cannot in good faith suggest to colleagues to get a thinkpad after this. Thinkpad products are supposed to be built like tanks. I have been willing to pay the extra cost for the peace of mind of not having to think about my hardware breaking.

Options

11809 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33080 Signins

1238570 Page Views

• Message 13 of 44

2020-07-23, 8:09 AM

Ouch, I thought they had fixed that on the support site some time ago, maybe another bug.

If you have a system that is in warranty you could use the system's serial number otherwise it would probably be easiest to call support by phone. Select the keyboard as the product on the support site and then copy and paste the following into the browser address field, it will provide the correct number to call for your country.

http://support.lenovo.com/supportphonelist

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

1 Posts

07-25-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 14 of 44

2020-07-25, 19:50 PM

I have this same issue.

The Indian gentleman I was able to reach on the phone was not helpful and appears not to have forwarded my issue as he said he would.

I would like to be notified whenever there are replacement ergonomic feet available, thank you.

The fact that it broke the first day doesn't bother me as much as the hassle of this support. Luckily I haven't needed support on my laptops......

Options

10 Posts

02-26-2012

Poland

18 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 15 of 44

2020-07-27, 20:43 PM

I’m very disappointed, mad and will never buy from this company. I can understand that sometimes there are problems with devices. But solid company like Apple are replacing bad units. 

After my complain (by third party company that sold me this keyboard) with link to this forum thread and explain that I was using keyboard about one month Lenovo Support categorized this like CID – damage caused my client!!!!!

This is completely unacceptable – You are selling defected product and then accuse customer for damage. This is fraud!!!!! We can see after couple reports that keyboard have poor quality materials – this is not like professional company is treading customers. This is very short-sighted action – you have my money now but never again.

Options

11809 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33080 Signins

1238570 Page Views

• Message 16 of 44

2020-07-28, 14:04 PM

Hello @dnf 

I agree that isn't acceptable and not the experience I would expect. I'm working with Engineering and Services to ensure we have the means to assist customers without them meeting obstructions like that, I'm sorry for your experience and would ask you to bear with me for another couple of days in order that I can ensure all the necessary information and processes are in place to ensure minimal inconvenience.

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Options

1 Posts

07-28-2020

Canada

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 17 of 44

2020-07-28, 15:54 PM

Hi,

I need a replacement feet for my Think Keyboard II. Were do I get it

Thanks

Admin note: post merged in, subject edited.

Options

11809 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33080 Signins

1238570 Page Views

• Message 18 of 44

2020-07-30, 17:32 PM

All,

It appears there are some difficulties in managing replacement feet as a separate part which can be sent alone to resolve the issue and as such support will be offering replacement keyboards which, depending on language and location, may take a little while to become available, I have edited my post up topic to remove the foot FRU number. I would like to suggest that you open a case by calling support and opening a case, when replacements become available they will be sent.

If the representative appears to be unaware of the issue please kindly ask them to review recently released Call Center and Servicer tips.

How to call support by phone. Select the keyboard as the product on the support site and then copy and paste the following into the browser address field, it will provide the correct number to call for your country.

http://support.lenovo.com/supportphonelist

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Options

1 Posts

08-05-2020

Canada

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 19 of 44

2020-08-05, 16:33 PM

I ordered the Trackpoint Keyboard II and after waiting 5 weeks for it to ship, it says it will ship Aug 18.

Will my keyboard have the defective keyboard feet or the new replacement part?

Options

2 Posts

07-13-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 20 of 44

2020-08-14, 16:37 PM

I have now called the US support line about this 4 separate times and each time no amount of explaining that what I need is to open a warranty claim and that support and service tips may include some bulletin on how to handle it seems useful to the folks I've spoken with. I have been passed to premier support, to sales, to parts, from Think product support to Idea support and none seem capable of addressing this issue. What I am to do?

Is there a plot here to push off my entering a claim until the implicit warranty on the device will have expired?

I was disappointed with the quality of the product, but at this point I can't help but feel I am being purposely ignored. I have devoted so much more time than this tiny piece of broken plastic is worth, but with a principle of standing behind a product that has been acknowledged to have come out with sub-standard quality I feel like I have to get this put right. 

Does anyone have any success getting this issue resolved?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)