Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

01-22-2018

United States of America

11 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 41 of 44

Re:disappointed with Thinkpad Trackpoint Keyboard II quality

2021-05-23, 12:17 PM

@ dbao wrote:

@ F00dog wrote:

It' not the battery that has the problem it is Bluetooth which on the three keyboards we have here have an active life of up to about 15 hours on Bluetooth and normal 60 days using 5.2 Gig Dongle. We have several of the USB keyboards with no leg problems and the three Trackpoint II keyboards have no leg problems. I wonder if these problems are showing up from different distribution points, possibly pointing to different suppliers to Lenovo.

Your description suggesting the battery has not been charged.  Well, this keyboard may not have real usb-c host controller to save a buck. If the charger is PD or QC capable then it may not be able to deliver any power. So try to charge with old 5V usb charger see if the problem solved.

Many devices have USB-C charge port, but this is just a 2 pin 5v socket, not a real usb-c socket.

Options

197 Posts

11-07-2009

United States of America

186 Signins

1379 Page Views

• Views: 1379
  • Message 42 of 44

2021-05-23, 17:42 PM

oK, this keyboard is not repairable. The only option is return within 30 days window. Mine was returned within 30days. But other unlucky persons all caught in trouble. See keyboard/monitor/accessory discussion board. There is a topic on this.

Maybe lenovo figured out how to solve this problem today.

Options

7 Posts

01-22-2018

United States of America

11 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 43 of 44

2021-05-25, 22:20 PM

After receiving three keyboards from Lenovo, all with the same problem. I documented what I went through and where I believed, Lenovo fell short.  I logged onto the South Carolina Better Business Bureau website, Submitted my documentation along with PDFs of all Lenovo email responses.  That was yesterday around 11:00 AM. This morning at 12:15 AM I received a phone call from a Lenovo representative explaining she wanted to resolve the issue.  We agreed the current keyboard I have will be sent back to Lenovo where an Engineer will examine it.  In the meantime, they are shipping a new keyboard to me from a different distribution point, hopefully a different batch that works!

Options

197 Posts

11-07-2009

United States of America

186 Signins

1379 Page Views

• Views: 1379
  • Message 44 of 44

2021-05-25, 22:44 PM

deleted

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms