Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-29-2014

Denmark

6 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 2

lenovo ThinkVision Pro2840m turning on and off

2014-11-29, 21:54 PM

Hi!

I had a Lenovo Think Vision Pro2840m Microcode 3.01 that was experiencing some of the same problems described on this forum. It was was annoying but I could live with it. However I decided to call in and ask if i could have the firmware upgraded. 

Lenovo provided excellent support and sent me a new monitor, I returned the old one in the same box while the UPS delivery guy was there.

The replacement monitor with Microcode 3.07 has a way more severe issue, while all the other issues seem to be resolved the new monitor turns on and off every 5 seconds once the screen has been on for 5-10 minutes.

I have recorded a video 

http://damgaard-data.dk/lenovoPro2840m.mov

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some way to resolve it? It seems to help slight bit to turn the contrast WAY up but as soon as i go to a website or something that isnt nearly all white it happens.

I have triede with 3 different cables, both HDMI and DisplayPort nothing seem to work. All have the same issue.

Options

128 Posts

10-22-2008

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

241 Signins

2214 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 2214
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: lenovo ThinkVision Pro2840m turning on and off

2015-02-05, 6:46 AM

Hi,

It is pretty sad to see you experience this issue. I have several of these displays and one which runs on LN3.06 has more or less the same problem as yours, with the difference that it goes on/off just like yours every once in 4-6 hours of use. I don't know what causes this actually. It might be my GPU or the software I use causing a brief drop of signal. But indeed certainly very annoying. In your case it is absolutely severe.

I wonder if your harware/setup had ANY change what so ever between using the old and new monitor? And I am also very interested to know how did your story end?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms