Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Re: lenovo thinkvision L220x review (pics)

Well, Dell monitors are good too, but if you want something similar to lenovo l220x you should consider Eizo S 2243W monitor http://www.eizo.com/global/products/flexscan/s2243w/index.html Perhaps now the price is lower than 1 yars ago... But this is something you can compare with lenovo L220x
Punch Card
0 Kudos

That looks very nice.  One problem.  I can probably get the Dell 2209WA for $200-300.  Doesn't that Eizo cost north of 1 large?  If I were editing photos as my livelihood, then maybe, but I do photography for fun so I don't think I can justify that cost. Smiley Happy

~Paul

Lenovo ThinkPad T410s - 2901CTO
IBM ThinkPad T41p - 2373GGU
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Yes prices are differnt for these models... Just consider the only disvantage with dell monitor is you don't have a 1920x1200 monitor on wich you can see high resolutions video material without stetching it resolution... Having the 1920x1200 resolution was a main point joined to wide gamut color for wich I buyed a Lenovo L220x Differences with eizo and dell monitor model we spoke about I think are these.... But if you don't mind the resolution lack of dell I' m sure you live happy also with it Smiley Wink
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Yea don't get me wrong, I would love to have those higher end monitors.  But the way I see it, the Dell 2209WA will provide me with more viewing area than the stock T410s built-in screen from the higher resolution and will provide a much better viewing experience from the IPS panel. Either way, I think any IPS monitor will blow the ThinkPad screen out of the water. Smiley Happy

~Paul

Highlighted
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Yes you're right then ips panel are sayd to be the best as viewing angles.... Perhaps it isn't a wide gamut display I don't know but here in italy the dell monitor you're interested in cost at about 420 euro, so if you find it for 200 300 $ it is really a good price..... Another good IPS panel is from NEC MultiSync® EA231WMi.... A friend of mine have it and it seem really good. Bye. Diego
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Thanks, I was considering that NEC model, but it has a 16:9 aspect ratio.  My T410s would have a 16:10 and I don't want my screen "stretched".

~Paul

Punch Card
0 Kudos

You can also consider Fujitsu P22W-5 ECO IPS Just see this site of review where it is reviewed http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/reviews.html
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,259
Solutions: 1,344
0 Kudos

i think most response time is quoted in G2G (gray to gray time), also IPS monitor has input lag. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft