05-13-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

p24q-10 causing issues with wireless keyboard/mouse combo

2020-05-13, 16:44 PM

Looking for advice how to get support as Lenovo's support teams have been horrible trying to get to the bottom of this.

I recently just purchased two of the P24q-10 monitors to replace my Dell monitors.  Ever since doing so, my Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050 is having major probs communicating with its wireless receiver.  My keyboard and mouse are less than 2 feet and the device has a 30 foot range.  The signal is just simply blocked or not being received, or their is driver conflict.  I can sit here and type, 1 out 5-7 keystrokes are recognized, and the mouse lag is insane.  I can barely get the cursor over the a button and push it without trying 10 times.  Trying to send an email is a ridiculously hard task between typing and hitting send.

I am in IT and have pinned this down to either interference being caused by the monitors, or a driver issue.  Here is everything I have tried which is quite extensive to prove the cause of the issue.

Setup

2 different Microsoft Surface Pro 7's (100% up to date with firmware and win10 updates)

Surface Dock https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-dock/8qrh2npz0s0p?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Surface dock drivers and firmware 100% up to date

Dell Desktop Win 10 (100% up to date Windows and Firmware)

2 P24q-10 monitors (display ports connected to the surface dock, HDMI ports connected to the Dell Desktop, no KVM)

1 Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050 connected to the Surface Dock

1 different Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050 connected to the Dell Desktop

both keyboards/mice have a dedicated receiver that is serialized to the device.  Cannot be changed

The problem exists on the desktop and both surfaces.  I have:

-swapped the docking station and the problem occurs on both devices

-tried a 3rd 5050 comfort desktop on both the desktop and surface and have the same issue proving its not the keyboard/mouse

-installed the lenovo monitor drivers for the monitors on both the laptop and surface to see if that helped or there was an issue with the generic driver

-unistalled the ms keyboard and mouse software on both devices, no help

-deleted the mouse and keyboard drivers, rebooted, and let Windows reinstall the base driver, no help

-unistalled the monitor drivers, lenovo & generic windows drivers, rebooted, no help

-swapped out the new monitors back to my old monitors, success!  Everything is back to normal.

This tells me 100% that the issue is with the monitor drivers, or the way they are being installed.  I cant imagine that a monitor could cause interference with the radio receiver and needs to be swapped out. 

Lenovo is telling me they cannot support this which seems stupid.  You would think they would want to know the issue with their devices and help fix them.  One could make the argument that you need to reimage the Surface back to a basic setup, but when a PC and 2 different Surfaces have the same prob, that seems illogical to me.

Any help getting the right Lenovo support team involved, or help to fix the issue would be much appreciated.

Options

1 Posts

05-13-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:p24q-10 causing issues with wireless keyboard/mouse combo

2020-05-18, 16:23 PM

no advice at all?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete