Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
INFORMATIONMIST
What's DOS?
Views: 1,347
Message 1 of 4

Can't send email to Yahoo from my EX124G

Just bought an EX124G Net10 phone. Tried sending email from the phone multiple X, but keep getting failure and error msg: "Invalid certificate" from Yahoo.com.  Called tech support at Net10 and talked with 2 customer svc. reps for almost an hour & they couldn't figure out what the problem was. They surmised it was an EX124G problem, then said it might be a Yahoo problem. They claimed to be looking at the EX124G manual & couldn't find anything about this problem.  I can receive/download email from my Yahoo account, but cannot send.  Haven't had the phone long enough to see if it will send to any other email provider. Any advice, insight, help, guidance, fixes, explanations & words of sympathy or pity would be greatly appreciated!!!

Informationmistress@yahoo.com

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't send email to Yahoo from my EX124G

Hey INFORMATIONMISTRESS,

You can receive emails, but not send them, correct? That would mean that the outgoing server has a typo. I tested it on an EX119 which should be close enough and the yahoo account works on here.

Go to menu--> emails-->yahoo account--> tap on the settings button--> scroll down to settings--> scroll down to outgoing server--> check for typos. I have entered smtp.yahoo.com in there.

Then, go to advanced settings--> outgoing server and check port, security and authentication. For me, that are 465, SSL/TLS and authentication on.

Save the settings by tapping on done, reboot your phone and try to send an email again.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Nicole

INFORMATIONMIST
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Hi Nicole:

Thanks for the super-fast response.  Haven't tried your fix yet but will let you know how it turns out. Hope it works. I suspected the info the Net10 tech support people gave me was wrong, esp. when they told me to type in my email address instead of the smtp.yahoo.com in the pop3 server window?!  With gratitude.

Highlighted
MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 4 of 4

Hey,

Yes that would not work to enter your own email address there. I suspect the agent you were talking to had his own mobile phone at hand and tried to guide you this way. The effort is honored.

For phone related issues, it is always a good idea to call the manufacturers hotline. The agents there can just take the model you are using out of the drawer and guide you 1:1.
Let me know how you are getting on.

Cheers,
Nicole