Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wapa17
What's DOS?
Views: 590
Message 1 of 2

EX 115 Dual sim: Phonebook - strange behaviour receiving calls

Hello to everyone !

After searching numerous days to solve a problem with the phonebook I decided to aks the Motorola-comunity for help ;-)

The problem is:

a) receiving call on SIM 1 will show up the name and photo (if any) - and of course if the contact is stored in the phonebook -  in the display.

All ok.

b) The same caller (who of course is stored in the phonebook) calls me on SIM 2 - the display shows me only a number, nor the name and neither the photo.

Both calls has been made from a cell-phone to my motorola.

All the contacts are stored under PHONE. There are no contacts neither in SIM1 nor in SIM2.

And this is no enough:

The same contact of "a" and "b" did the same procedure calling me on SIM1 and SIM2 with a wired telephone: Both incoming calls will show up the name and the photo of the caller.

I searched up and down and I tried with various configurations, but I didnt figure it out whats the reason of not showing the contact-informations when a call is coming up to SIM2 with an other cell-phone - could also be a software-problem.

Do somebody of you have an idea what could be the reason for it ?

JLC
What's DOS?
Views: 590
Message 2 of 2

Re: EX 115 Dual sim: Phonebook - strange behaviour receiving calls

Dear wapa17,

I'm assuming you have different operators for SIM1 and SIM2.

I think the issue is in the way the network operator from the caller party is passing on the caller ID to your SIM's operators. As you mentioned, same contact calling you to each SIM from a landline (fixed telephony operator) worked fine, but when calling from a cellphone (mobile telephony operator) name and photo appear if call is placed to SIM1 number and don't to SIM2 number.

Try to add the area code of the contact to the contact list or even though the country code+area code. Perhaps it solves the number matching problem when the caller ID is received.

Kind Regards. JLC.-