Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gasparb123
What's DOS?
Views: 2,640
Message 1 of 9

General Compliants on the EX Series

Come on, this cell phone can´t be any worse. I bought this thinking it was a cheap but realible phone. It looked good and I bought it.

Now I come to see that I have big problems with it and nobody can give me an anwser beacause they have the same issues:

• You can´t asign SMS personal tones, and I´m sick of the Motorola defaults. They suck!!!
  • It´s not compatible to Motorola Phone Tools, making it almost imposible to sync contacts and all that other stuff (multimedia, calender, tasks, etc.)
  • I have heard problems of SMS that cannot be fowarded (I´m writing down what I´ve heard)

I think Motorola should fix this beacause it´s really ashaming. The should make a firmware update and realease a new edition of MPT so the EX series is compatible.

I´ve put down my compliants. If Motorola bothers to read this I hope they take this in consideration.

If any user has a solution, please be free to write it on this discussion

See you, and good luck to the EX series users.

P.D: I hope my english is´nt too bad, I´m from Argentina

albertlu
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 9

Re: General Compliants on the EX Series

I have no solution but I agree absolutely with you and support your position that the EX series in general is really ashaming for Motorola.

f_kneepkens
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

I fully agree.

Besides your complaints:

• the MP3 player is worthless (for me). If one wants to play music with a closed cover, you have to create a playlist first. I have 14Gb music on my simcard. Creating a playlist for every album (400+) is not practical.
  • Bluetooth does not work with my Parrot Slim carkit and also not with the PC's bluetooth dongle. Only after buying a USB cable with a mini-usb connector (not supplied with the phone) I was able to download music to the simcard.
  • Motorola's helpdesk on my complaint on Bluetooth: Bluetooth works fine with Motorola devices and you could know that Motorola does not guarantee compatibility with other products
gasparb123
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 9

That´s true sometimes I can´t conect my bluetooth too some of my friends cell phones. But we can´t do anything now, except buy another phone, and I can´t, so I´m screwed. So lets just try to fix it the best we can. They could start by fixing driver problems and the compatibility with Motorola Phone Tools.

I repeat that anyone with a solution to these and other problems, please be my guest and post it.

GasparB123 out, peace.

albertlu
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

I'm quite sure that Motorola knows about all these problems but they cannot solve them because this EX series is not realy under their control. In China you can by an exactly identical looking mobile phones with same funktions and same non-funktions for only 225 RMB. Motorola sells rubbish which they bought somewhere on the world market under their brand name. I'm talking about EX223.

pak65
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 9

Agreed about the SMS notification tones. Additional ringtones can be added for receiving calls, so what would have been so difficult about making this an option for SMS messages?

And maybe I'd just gotten used to my last phone, but what's with all the black screen backgrounds? It would be nice to be able to change screen backgrounds to white if that was a persons preference. Has anyone found something along the lines of a screen skin app for this purpose?

I've only had the phone for a few days, so as I get more familiar with it with more usage, I may come up with more suggestions.

bearpike
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 9

Motorola should get there act together and look after there loyal customers and sort out the SMS notification tones.

Maybe they are not interested in Clamshell phone .BUT THERE ARE STILL MANY CUSTOMERS WHO PREFER THIS TYPE OF PHONE !!!!

bearpike
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

If they cannot sort out the SMS ringtones on the GLEAM+.

I am going over to NOKIA.

There loss !!!!!!!!!!

mbv245
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 9

Have been reading these multiple complaints about EX series cellphones with few solutions or fixes from other owners, let alone from MOTOROLA staff. I posted my own frustrations with my EX119 on May 12. 2012. The complaints I've read date back into 2011 without any resolution. I am becoming convinced that the EX series phones were purchased in China, as some claim, without any backup support programs, be it software, firmware or whatever. This series doesn't reflect well on Motorola, but, then, they do not appear to have been designed by Motorola. My very 1st cellphone (10+ yrs ago) was a Motorola & was easier to use & get support for than the present EX119. When is the iPhone5 due out???