Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pak2310
What's DOS?
Views: 1,856
Message 1 of 6

Moto EX226 - A Phone without Caller ID?

Hi, I got a Moto EX226 yesterday and I realised that even after prying into the settings for a while I am unable to make my phone show the name of the person who is calling, although I had stored all the contacts before. I had my friends keep calling me and annoying them for sometime as a matter of testing the phone. But no luck. I had called the customer care or the consumer support and they are suggesting.... SUGGESTING.... that the phone MIGHT NOT HAVE A CALLER ID option. To my knowledge, even the cheapest and the dumbest phones have the feature of telling you who the call or text is from, if their name is stored in the phone book. I seriously need an answer. Does it have the feature or does it really not have that basic feature at all? If anyone has a motoex226, do me a favour. I can't go mad any further.

Thanks in advance. I am available at reachpak@gmail.com

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto EX226 - A Phone without Caller ID?

pak2310

Welcome to the Motorola Owners Forum

Did you transfer or create the contacts list (phonebook) on the phone? That is where the name of your incoming caller comes from.

Your provider would only send the incoming number (no name). Your contact list does the rest.

Poko

pak2310
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

Hi Poko,

I did it, please read my post carefully. Thats the first thing that i have mentioned about

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 6

Your contacts list may be corrupted.

Did you transfer your contacts from:

• another phone? 

• or enter all of them manually?

It's possible the phone is defective, if your provider is sending the needed id info and your saved contacts have not issue.

Is this a new phone from your provider or purchased from other sources?

AmitAlok
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

i Have same problem with my ex 226.

any solution for this problem...

Me2Share
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

I think that the previous replys have missed a point. The EX226 is a dual SIM phone and as with most SIM phones you can save your contact list to the SIM card or to the phone's contact list or both. So the reply that says the service provider gives the number and the phone gives the name is only useful if you have copied your contacts to the phone list in addition to the SIM card. Also, under phone settings there is an enable setting for who is handling caller ID. This must be set to Service Provider. Hope this helps.