Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steamboatwillie
What's DOS?
Views: 2,979
Message 1 of 7

Motorola Gleam - Custom SMS tones ?

I can add custom ringtone (mp3)  for incoming calls , can't seem to find a way to add a custom tone for incoming SMS. Does anybody know if there is a way to do this ?

giancarlogo
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 7

Re: Motorola Gleam - Custom SMS tones ?

There doesn't seem to be a way around this - very annoying.

gasparb123
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

Already tried it. Doesn´t work unfortunatly. I really don´t know what to do with that problem, but I´m sure everybody in this forum is eager for an answer.

giancarlogo
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

This hasn't worked for me either.

Also the gleam's interface is Menu > Messaging

> Message settings (3 options) a.) Text message b.) Multimedia message c.) voicemail server

> Text message (6 options) a.) Profile Settings b.) Common settings c.) Memory status

d.) Preferred storage e.) Preferred connection f.) Character set

> None of these have any option to change notifications or text message sound

Perhaps a h@ck would be a solution

MAKU19
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

Frown This is some user answering  from Amazon review:

By 

ian watts (Brighton, East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

This review is from: MOTOROLA Gleam EX211 - grey (Electronics)

This phone looks good but:-
I sent this to Motorola:-
I should like to be able to change the message arrival/phone open/phoneclose alert to a custom mp3 or wav file instead of the cheesy tone 1 to 18 options.
I got this back:-
Regarding the other question we are sorry to inform you that it is not possible to set up an Mp3/Wav file as an alert. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
I also asked this:-
I should like to be able to administer my Motorola Gleam with my PC. i.e. Contact telephone numbers/ ring tones/settings etc
What software do I need to do these things?
I used to be able to do this and much more with my 6 year old Pebl.
I got this back:-
In response to your query, we regret to inform you that the EX series, which includes Gleam, do not support a connection to a PC via a software programme,
In other words you cant backup your contacts/phone numbers etc
If you go to Motorola's site it's as if they are ashamed of it with almost no documentation about it. In most of the FAQ or help pages it just does not exist.

gasparb123
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

Come on.... Seriosly??? They can´t say that. They should find a solution to this. Every phone has a solution and ours does´nt????

I even heard that the entire EX series is a phony copy of some chinese 2nd hand phone series. Really ashaming. 

I think that Motorola should get to work on fixing these phones beacuase seriously I think they have enough resources and people to do it.

DoctorBibble
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

i have found that if you connect the gleam to a computer with a micro usb data cable the phone gives you a mass storage option.

Seleting this will allow you to open the phone memory as a folder on your computer, however i have no idea what to do with the folders and files that are visible to find a solution to this problem.

I tried to just copying the sounds i wanted to the phone memory (rather than the sd card) because this worked with the old razr, but it still doesnt appear as a message tone option.

anyone know how to hack it once you have got into the phone memory?