Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheMajor
What's DOS?
Views: 1,711
Message 1 of 2

Best way to centrally deploy Spectre and Meltdown fix

Hello!

In our company we are using Lenovo T470s laptops and we want to prepare a plan to deploy the fix for Spectre and Meltdown, I'm following the official Lenovo website and checking for updated information https://support.lenovo.com/dk/en/solutions/len-18282

Can anyone tell me what would be the best sproach to centrally patch all your clients?

My first thought is to use SCCM, but maybe Lenovo already has some tool of it's own that we could utilize? Like the Lenovo System Update tool, coult it be an option? Can it be controlled via scripting?

Please let me know your reccomendations?

P.S.

Does the T 470s have any safety feature for BIOS if remote BIOS flash would go wrong?

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,574
Message 2 of 2

Re: Best way to centrally deploy Spectre and Meltdown fix

TheMajor,

Since it sounds like you have SCCM already, you may want to investigate this blog post we have around dynamically updating the BIOS via SCCM.

You can use Lenovo System Update paired with Update Retriever to create your own repository of Lenovo Updates to apply to systems.  Either method will work, it just depends on how you want to do it.  Check out the LSU (Lenovo System Update) documentation for instructions for UR and LSU.

TLawson

Top Kudoed Authors