cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phoenixrayne
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,770
Message 1 of 8

Deploying T470s via MDT 2013 - Ethernet drivers needed - none in driver list under support

I have been trying to find drivers to inject into my MDT 2013 to create the boot media needed for deployment. The  ONLY file that is offered in the support area is a README file about setting up WAKE ON LAN.  This is unhelpful, is there another place to find the drivers necessary?  Must be an ethernet driver, not a wireless driver, as an image can not be deployed over wireless. 

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,728
Message 2 of 8

Re: Deploying T470s via MDT 2013 - Ethernet drivers needed - none in driver list under support

Phoenixrayne,

What ADK are you using to deploy your T470s?  If you are using ADK 1607 or ADK 1703 ADK then you shouldnt need any NIC drivers for the T470s in WinPE.  If you are using ADK 1511 or older, I would recommend pulling the E1D....,inf driver from your Out of Box Drivers and adding it to your WinPE image.

Here is the link to our Deployment Recipe Card page.  Find the T470s that suits you.  The T470s Skylake models will start with 20JS or 20JT and supports Win 10 x64, Win 8.1 x64, Win 7 x64, and Win 7 x86, while the T470s Kaby Lake models will start with 20HF, 20HG and only supports Win 10 x64.

Also, feel free to post any MDT, WDS, or SCCM questions over in the Enterprise Client Management forum under Software and Operating Systems.

HTH,

Tlawson

Moderator note: thread moved.

Phoenixrayne
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,695
Message 3 of 8

Re: Deploying T470s via MDT 2013 - Ethernet drivers needed - none in driver list under support

The version of Windows is irrelevant, because the driver is needed before any OS is imaged to the machine, these are the drivers that are meant to allow the Wizard to talk to the deployment share to pull the image to the machine and image it.

So what drivers can be used for the NIC in the new T470s regardless of CPU? Because the CPU is irrelevant at the most earliest stages of imaging.
Phoenixrayne
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,688
Message 4 of 8

Found the drivers, they are part of the SCCM Pkg.

for people that come to this thread in the future, the link to the library "Recipie Card" page is where you'll find what you need for whatever model you're looking for.

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,673
Message 5 of 8

Phoenixrayne,

I am glad that you found in the link I sent for the recipe cards and were able to find the information you needed.  I assumed you were familiar with the SCCM driver packs being available under the Enterprise Management section of the downloads page on E-support.  In assuming you found the SCCM driver packs, I guessed that you had all the drivers in your out of box drivers node for the T470s, thus thinking you could have pulled the e1d.....inf driver for your WinPE boot wim, to make connections back to your share, thus deploying the computer successfully.

Just to address your concerns around the version of windows comment in post 3.  I was specifically referring to the ADK version that Microsoft supports and provides as a foundation for MDT and SCCM.  The ADK is the Automated Deployment Kit and in the ADK is the WinPE boot wims.  As Microsoft releases new ADKs with updated boot wims, they add in newer drivers.  If you have the original Windows 10 ADK (10.0.10240.0) or the 1511 ADK (10.0.10586.0) then you will need additional drivers for the NIC in WinPE, which can be found here.  If you have ADK 1607 (10.0.14393.0) or ADK 1703 (10.0.15063.0) then you will not need additional drivers, because the driver is considered out of box supported on these versions.

I hope this helps clear up my previous post.

Tlawson

Phoenixrayne
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,669
Message 6 of 8

If I were only deploying Win10, that would be the case but we are still deploying Win7 until about next year so I am working with both OS's currently.

For Win7 deployments the SCCM pkg is what I needed so that the wizard would run in the MDT2013 when deploying the task sequence.

I will remember this in the future and check the SCCM pkg as it did come up several times in my searches but I never opened it to see what was in it as I do not administer the SCCM in our enterprise.

My Win10 image currently is 1607 although I do plan on going to the next version soon as we are still in the testing phase of Win10.

Kind regards,
Lara K.
Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,661
Message 7 of 8

Phoenixrayne,

If you are using ADK 10, then you will need the Windows 10 drivers when in WinPE.  This is regardless of the final OS being deployed.

HTH,

Tlawson

Phoenixrayne
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,645
Message 8 of 8

Yeah, currently I am more worried about my current Win 7 image deploying rather than updating my WinPE... Since I build my images on a VM it is not as necessary for my deployment as it is for my MDT2013. 

Thank you though... Appreciate the information none-the-less. 

Regards, 
Lara K.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors