Options

1 Posts

10-06-2020

SE

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Direct link for downloading System Update?

2020-10-06, 13:16 PM

Hello.

In our efforts to streamline our deployment solutions we have set up a centralized deployment server which pulls the latest version of common applications, such as 7-zip, Adobe Reader, etc. at a fixed interval, allowing us to not have to constantly check for new versions.

We are wondering if there is a static link for downloading the latest version of System Update? The file name seems to change for every new version released and I have thus far been unsuccessful at “scraping” the page https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds012808 for the name of the file to download or the current version number.

Though we are currently not using the Thin Installer, I imagine a static link for that could be useful as well.

Cheers,
Mikael

Options

749 Posts

06-09-2015

US

5195 Signins

50241 Page Views

• Views: 50241
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Direct link for downloading System Update?

2020-10-06, 13:55 PM

@ Mikael Karlsson wrote:

Hello.

In our efforts to streamline our deployment solutions we have set up a centralized deployment server which pulls the latest version of common applications, such as 7-zip, Adobe Reader, etc. at a fixed interval, allowing us to not have to constantly check for new versions.

We are wondering if there is a static link for downloading the latest version of System Update? The file name seems to change for every new version released and I have thus far been unsuccessful at “scraping” the page https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds012808 for the name of the file to download or the current version number.

Though we are currently not using the Thin Installer, I imagine a static link for that could be useful as well.

Cheers,
Mikael

Check the script in this blog post.  The content may not be relevant in your scenario, but bits of the script does what you need as far as scraping for the current version of SU.  I would also suggest looking into Chocolatey as the System Update package is always being updated to the current version.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete