Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robwhis
Paper Tape
Views: 283
Message 1 of 4

Inconsistent results when running ThinInstaller

trying to run ThinInstaller with the following command, but I see inconsistent results and cant see it actually completing the install.  Update Retriever is working fine and placing all the updates in the network locaiton I am refrencing.  I have system update 5 installed on my machine pointed to the same resository via GPO to verify there are pending updates.

start Thininstaller.exe /CM -search C -action INSTALL -includerebootpackages 3 -repository \\server\Install$\_Lenovo_update_retriever

each time I try and re run the installer, I do a full delete and reinstall of thinInstaller, using /VERYSILENT /NORESTART

1st attempt to run resulted in the creation of the log file but not update_history.db file in the Logs dir

2nd & 3rd Attempt to run, resulted in the update_history.db being created and log files in Program Files (x86)\ThinInstaller\logs

the errors near the end of the log files are shown below, there is more than enough disk space on both the repo and the client machines.

Any ideas ?

Severe 2019-01-30 , 01:37:53
at Tvt.FileDownloader.IndexRepositoryDownloader.SetTotalSize()

at Tvt.FileDownloader.IndexRepositoryDownloader.StartDownLoader()
Message: Some errors were found during the downloader process and it was cancelled Tvt.FileDownloader.NotEnoughDiskSpace: Exception of type 'Tvt.FileDownloader.NotEnoughDiskSpace' was thrown.
Exception:
Message: Exception of type 'Tvt.FileDownloader.NotEnoughDiskSpace' was thrown.
Type: Tvt.FileDownloader.NotEnoughDiskSpace

at Tvsu.Engine.Task.Task.StartExecution()
Message: An error occurred while the task: ApplicableUpdatesTask executed the process: IndexRepositoryDownloaderProcessthe message from exception isException of type 'Tvt.FileDownloader.NotEnoughDiskSpace' was thrown.
Exception:
Message: Exception of type 'Tvt.FileDownloader.NotEnoughDiskSpace' was thrown.
Type: Tvt.FileDownloader.NotEnoughDiskSpace
at Tvsu.Engine.Task.Task.Start()
at Tvsu.Engine.Task.Task.StartExecution()

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 261
Message 2 of 4

Re: Inconsistent results when running ThinInstaller

Hi robwhis,

It appears Thin Installer is not seeing enough drive space to do what it needs to do.  Could there be anything preventing it from having write access?

Are you running ThinInstaller under a local administrator context?

robwhis
Paper Tape
Views: 239
Message 3 of 4

It was being run with the highest privilege account with desktop admin, but thanks for the pointer about this, I will try with some different options running it with local system
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 232
Message 4 of 4

Another thing to note about ThinInstaller, you can take the ThinInstaller folder under Program Files and copy that a target device without having to run the installer.  This means you could try placing ThinInstaller in a different location on the drive if that helps.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors