cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boozeman
Paper Tape
Views: 4,138
Message 81 of 170

Re: Introducing ThinkPad Driver Packs for SCCM...

Hi,

It is  onboard lan. It the driver specified above included the driver package, Windows 7 x64 installation was failed.

boozeman
Paper Tape
Views: 4,136
Message 82 of 170

Hi there,

In Thinkstation S30 deployment, I have enormous problems with The machine enterprise admin pack. I'm forced to do it myself from scratch (downloaded every peace, unpacked and make driver package to sccm) and it worked better on me.

With admin pack, I have issues with VIA USB3, Audio, and some weird driver problem that prevents the computer restart during OSD.

But now all worked fine and I still love the Enterprise Admin packs. It's just that S30 ;-)

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,117
Message 83 of 170

rtlinux,

Which ThinkStation(s) do you need to deploy?  Do you use any add-on cards?  I may try to put together some alternative packages while our ThinkStation team gets their act together.

rtlinux
Token Ring
Views: 4,109
Message 84 of 170

S30 is what we use. I ended up using the new DRIVERGRABBER tool you posted recently to get things going for the location that needed it. Please let me know however when the pack is fixed and I will update my site with that one. I just pulled the t440 and t540 ones and let me tell you.....AWESOME! Only the stuff I needed was there drivers for win7 x64. Please express my gratitude to that team. Excellent work!
dcg1k
Paper Tape
Views: 4,097
Message 85 of 170

Problem with M83 sccm drivers pack for win7 x64....

BSOD after imaging, had to delete some folders in the ethernet drivers

there was a win 8.1 driver that win7 was trying to use

Lenovo: please make your packages import and play, not import and pray ...

boozeman
Paper Tape
Views: 4,075
Message 86 of 170

I did not find thread for DriverGrabber, so I ask it here. Please move this on correct thread if there are some.

Is there any plan to add Windows 8.1 on DriverGrabber

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,064
Message 87 of 170

This is the right forum for Driver Grabber questions.  Just start a new thread.  As for Windows 8.1 support, it is already there, just select Win8.  In the same way we did not have a separate set of catalogs for Windows 7 SP1, we will not have separate catalogs for Windows 8.1.  Eventually there will not be any content that is only 8 and not 8.1.  And in a few months the same will probably go for 8.2 as well whenever MS decides to release another update.

rturcotte10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,047
Message 88 of 170

@dcg1k wrote:

Problem with M83 sccm drivers pack for win7 x64....

BSOD after imaging, had to delete some folders in the ethernet drivers

there was a win 8.1 driver that win7 was trying to use

Lenovo: please make your packages import and play, not import and pray ...

I had a similar issue after I applied the M83 driver pack to my MDT share. I would get a BSOD when imaging an M82 and T430s. Worked fine to image an M83/M93 though. 32-bit worked fine.

My work around was to make a special task sequence that only used a Driver Profile consisting of what was in the M82/T430 driver pack. I couldn't find the driver that was causing the BSOD and it was a huge pain to troubleshoot as none of the debugging information was available in Windows.

If you know what specific driver was causing the problem I would LOVE to know. If I should make a new thread about this let me know.

boozeman
Paper Tape
Views: 4,031
Message 89 of 170

Hi,

What happen if You remove the driver "Ethernet FCoE Protocol Driver", ifp63x64.inf from the driver package (it is only w8, w8.1 and server 2012)

rturcotte10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,014
Message 90 of 170

Removing that specific driver did not help. There are a variety of Windows 8 drivers that are in the driver list, so I wonder if removing all or most of them would fix the issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors