Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhmh123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,283
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Gen 3 20BT000DUS SCCM Driver Pack

I am trying to download the SCCM Driver package for the Lenovo Gen 3 20BT000DUS model.     I've found this page:   https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds120962  but the problem is the download is a compiled .EXE.  that is Not what we need.  We need a "SCCM" formatted driver package.   Once you extract the file you should see something like this:

Audio
Camera
Chipset
Display
Input
Power_Management
Security
Sensor
Storage
Video
Wireless

and then each folder contains the required .dll, .inf files  etc...etc....

where do I find that for this model?  

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,256
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Gen 3 20BT000DUS SCCM Driver Pack

It appears that the package you have found is for the X1 Carbon 5th Gen (20K3, 20K4).  When you go to pcsupport.lenovo.com, search for 20BT or X1 Carbon 3rd and that will get you over to the X1 Carbon 3rd Gen landing page.  At the top of the page, click on Drivers and Software.  Look for the Enterprise Management header.  When expanded, that will have the correct link to the driver pack page.  To save you time, I will include the link here to the page you need.

Second, when you download and run the .exe, it will extract the contents to the location you choose on your computer.  It will output a folder structure similar to the one that you have listed.  You can then use that to import the drivers into SCCM, MDT, or the deployment tool you choose.

A few other items.  For Enterprise Deployment questions, feel free to use the Enterprise Client Management forum found here.  Also, we have excellent resources available on the Think Deployment Resource Center.

I hope this helps and gets you going in the right direction with our products.

TLawson

mhmh123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,246
Message 3 of 7

I followed your directions. I went to this page: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-... and clicked on "Enterprise Management" I then saw the SCCM Pack. I clicked on the SCCM Pack and it downloads the following file. tp_x1carbon_mt20bs-20bt_w1064_201710.exe this is Not want I need.
mhmh123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,244
Message 4 of 7

I forgot to mention one thing. On the following page: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

It says the following:

This package provides the device drivers in .inf form for ThinkPad computers, in order to allow you to deploy Windows images with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) by importing the device drivers.

this is NOT true. If you explode out the .exe it has no .INF files at all.
Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,236
Message 5 of 7

Are you actually running the .exe file or are you using something like 7Zip or WinZip or WinRAR to try to unpack the file?  If you using a tool to unpack it, that wont work.  Download the .exe, run the .exe, go through the screens and choose the location where you want the files to go, (Default is C:\DRIVERS\SCCM\TP_X1Carbon_MT20BS-20BT_W1064_201710).  Once you click Install and then Finish, Navigate to the location and you will have what you are looking for.

mhmh123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,229
Message 6 of 7

sorry, my bad. You are correct, I was using 7-zip. I followed your instructions and now have what I need. thank you.
Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,226
Message 7 of 7

Glad to help.

TLawson

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors