Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BryanH81
Paper Tape
Views: 175
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Vantage in MDT

I am trying to install Vantage during install using MDT.  I downloaded the app from https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/solutions/hf003321 but i cannot get it to install correctly. I have a task secuence command set to run setup_vantage.bat, it appears to install but after restart I do not have a Windows 10 app.  I get no errors.  I can manually install the Vantage app but cannot get it to work through MDT. 

I am not able to use the Windows Store.

What am I doing wrong?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 137
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Vantage in MDT

It works for me.  Actually the way that I test that package is by adding it as an application in Deployment Workbench as shown below.  If you still can't get this working, add a "pause" at the end of setup_vantage.bat, re-run the deployment, and then check the output on the screen during installation.  There must be some error if Vantage is not getting installed.

Untitled.png

Highlighted
BryanH81
Paper Tape
Views: 97
Message 3 of 4

Ok, so adding the install as an application did work.  However, when I login with a new domain account, the app does not show up. I thought that using Add-AppxProvisionedPackage would install it for all users?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 87
Message 4 of 4

@BryanH81 wrote:

Ok, so adding the install as an application did work.  However, when I login with a new domain account, the app does not show up. I thought that using Add-AppxProvisionedPackage would install it for all users?

It does for me, and you are right that this is what Add-AppxProvisionedPackage is supposed to do.  You may need to ask Microsoft for help if it doesn't work for you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors