Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemEnterprise Client Management
All Forum Topics
Options

38 Posts

08-05-2014

England

53 Signins

514 Page Views

• Views: 514
  • Message 1 of 5

MDT/SCCM Qs

2015-08-02, 12:57 PM
Hi Guys,

Can you advise on what apps/drivers you're installing via task sequence... Lenovo have a habit of not listing everything thats missing from their sccm driver packs.
Answer
Options

205 Posts

06-02-2015

United States of America

364 Signins

2566 Page Views

• Views: 2566

Re: MDT/SCCM Qs

2015-08-10, 13:50 PM

All of the models that you inquire about require task sequence install of:

HotKeys App

WWAN - Sierra or Ericsson

Bluetooth - Intel or Realtek

FingerPrint reader - even if you don't use it and you just want to eliminate the yellow bang (PID=00**) in device manager.

The list above is only to assure no yellow bangs in device manager. Anything not listed above and not in the SCCM Pack will require a task sequence install ie AutoScroll etc.

And as I stated before, any ThinkVantage Utilities that you or your organization decide to utilize in your builds.

If you are interested you may want to check out the document for integrating ThinInstaller into your deployment for MDT/SCCM;

https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/dml_ur_ti_mdt_2.0.pdf

It was written for MDT 2010 but is still valid with MDT and SCCM most current releases.

Replies(4)
Options

205 Posts

06-02-2015

United States of America

364 Signins

2566 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

2015-08-07, 13:20 PM

Hi and sorry for the delayed response. In general the "hardware apps" that need to be installed via task sequence as opposed to .inf driver injection are;

Hotkeys

Bluetooth - Intel and Realtek

WWAN

Intel Chipset on some systems - especially systems that have cpu's with hyperthreading

Intel AMT/IME

Fingerprint Reader

All Thinkvantage Utilities

The list above mostly applies to ThinkPads. 

When we validate deployments in our lab, we deploy a system using the same resources that are available to you;

SCCM Packs, Update Retriever (and readme files) to get the proper silent install switches.

1. We deploy using the SCCM pack only and see whether there are any yellow bangs in device manager. Also to verify that all drivers in the SCCM Pack are injected properly.

2. We then consider what hardware apps are essential to the functionality of the specific model - like the hotkeys and in some cases the ability to have full control over the trackpad. Then using the information contained in the readme file or by exporting all of the silent codes from Update Retriever we add the hardware apps via task sequence.

If you have any further questions, feel free to post to this thread.

Options

38 Posts

08-05-2014

England

53 Signins

514 Page Views

• Views: 514
  • Message 3 of 5

2015-08-08, 17:49 PM

Thanks for the reply. I honestly don't understand why these things are not listed in the Readmes?? its left to admins to workout whats missing... 

We have the below models 

x240

x250

t440s

t450s

w541

t550

Can you advise whats needed on those models....

Answer
Options

205 Posts

06-02-2015

United States of America

364 Signins

2566 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2015-08-10, 13:50 PM

All of the models that you inquire about require task sequence install of:

HotKeys App

WWAN - Sierra or Ericsson

Bluetooth - Intel or Realtek

FingerPrint reader - even if you don't use it and you just want to eliminate the yellow bang (PID=00**) in device manager.

The list above is only to assure no yellow bangs in device manager. Anything not listed above and not in the SCCM Pack will require a task sequence install ie AutoScroll etc.

And as I stated before, any ThinkVantage Utilities that you or your organization decide to utilize in your builds.

If you are interested you may want to check out the document for integrating ThinInstaller into your deployment for MDT/SCCM;

https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/dml_ur_ti_mdt_2.0.pdf

It was written for MDT 2010 but is still valid with MDT and SCCM most current releases.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

12-23-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:MDT/SCCM Qs

2020-12-24, 10:20 AM

Hello,

Good Afternoon,

For SCCM driver, please go through this link, I hope it's work: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht074984

Thanks & Regards,

Anita

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms