Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
omena
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,684
Message 1 of 7

PXE boot with Secureboot question

Sorry to butt in but we are also having the same issues. I can PXE boot with secureboot on and UEFI and we use MDT.

When it goes through the task sequence it installs the drivers just fine. But when it gets to the OS deployment, it intalls and as soon as it goes to the next phase it Fails and says the following:

Mod's Edit: Moved this post and its reply to it own thread.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,658
Message 2 of 7

Re: PXE boot with Secureboot question

@omena wrote:

Sorry to butt in but we are also having the same issues. I can PXE boot with secureboot on and UEFI and we use MDT.

When it goes through the task sequence it installs the drivers just fine. But when it gets to the OS deployment, it intalls and as soon as it goes to the next phase it Fails and says the following:

I think your issue is different than what is being discussed in this thread.  Looks like you're having some problem with your MDT task sequence.  You should post to some Microsoft MDT forum or else ask for help on our enterprise client management forum here:  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Enterprise-Client-Management/bd-p/sa01_eg

Mod's Edit: updated Subject after moving thread.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,621
Message 3 of 7

@omena,

Can you confirm that the Format and Partition (UEFI) is being used?

TLawson

omena
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,611
Message 4 of 7

Yes I can confirm it is working correctly. As a test, I change my TS to format as MBR and everything boots correct and works. When I change to GPT it goes through the TS and fails at the point after the OS is installed. I am also on the same boat as OP as I am wanting to get away from sophos and want to use bitlocker to encrypt. So I make sure it's on secure boot but it will fail as I have stated 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,589
Message 5 of 7

What model are you using?  If it is from the Tx70 series, what is the actual MTM of the device.  To get this, use:

WMIC CSProduct Get Name

What happens if, in the BIOS, under the Restart tab, you set OS Optimized defaults to Enabled, Load the Defaults, and restart the computer and try to deploy again via MDT?

TLawson

omena
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,572
Message 6 of 7

Yes it's a T470

my model name is: 20JNS2KA00

OS optimized was set to Enabled

I loaded the defualts, tried again, and same exact error

omena
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,318
Message 7 of 7

Any update on this? I have updated everything from my ADK to MDT, Drivers, and sideloaded WINPE drivers for the Boot image just to make sure. Now my imaging of Windows 7 for the same model 20JNS2KA00 might be broken. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors