10-12-2020

SE

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Problem with BIOS update in OSD

2020-10-12, 13:33 PM

Hi! We're trying out some lenovo thinkpads(T14 with AMD chipset) and I'm trying to get the BIOS update in WinPE working. Looking in the winuptp-log i get the error message "Loading Drivers... Failed".

I have followed every step in this article https://thinkdeploy.blogspot.com/2016/08/deploy-lenovo-thinkcentre-thinkpad-and.html except that I've added the drivers and optional components in SCCM instead of using DISM. 

In the article they don't specify where to get the battery.inf file but I took it from an installed Lenovo machine under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\battery.inf_amd64_b587f99451443d37 and I can see the same driver is in the same location on our SCCM server for example. Just for reference, is this the correct driver to use or is there some battery.inf file somewhere hidden on support.lenovo.com that I've missed?

All the drivers in the WinPE driver pack for SCCM is in the boot image and they are listed when I run the driverquery command in . However the battery driver is not listed, it doesn't work using drvload.exe and specifying the inf-file either.

Any tips? 

Solved! See the solution
Options

1574 Posts

03-03-2016

US

3789 Signins

45323 Page Views

• Views: 45323
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Problem with BIOS update in OSD

2020-10-12, 14:12 PM

@anollelu 

Since the T14 comes with either Intel or AMD processors, there are also different BIOS installations for them.  In the each installation, there are different drivers present.  Can you confirm you are using the BIOS from the link below?

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/downloads/DS544977

TLawson

Options

2 Posts

10-12-2020

SE

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Problem with BIOS update in OSD

2020-10-12, 15:02 PM

I downloaded the AMD bios package. However I exchanged the winuptp when I was troubleshooting after I got an error that winuptp was missing a dll-file. I exchanged it with one from a ThinkCentre package that I had in my bios share just to see if the files were corrupt or something and after I tried that I forgot to change it back.

I'm guessing I missed adding the WinPE-HTA component before I exchanged the files because now it's working!

Thanks!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete