Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Divel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,173
Message 1 of 4

SCCM problems on Lenovo Thinkpad Notebooks'

We have SCCM 2012 R2 installed about one week.

I have deployed with success to M700 about 3 times without any problem.

I have tested with a VM and works fine.

I try to deploy to X260 and a P50 with internal Ethernet and with Lenovo USB3.0 Ethernet Adapter, without success.

I add drivers from sccm package, try to put PE drivers' for 8.1 for X260 and P50(Ethernet and storage) and nothing.

On notebook appears TFTP: Time out.

I search on SMSPXE.log and for each time i try to boot to PXE  only appears  "MAC,GUID: Not Serviced" nothing else.

I have tried in uefi mode or in legacy mode without success

Lenovo Employee pjorgensen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,160
Message 2 of 4

Re: SCCM problems on Lenovo Thinkpad Notebooks'

have you updated the BIOS on these systems since receiving them?  if not, do that first.

if you're getting a TFTP timeout error during PXE, drivers shouldn't even be considered since it hasn't even hit the PE phase.

in the SMSPXE.log, are you also seeing something along the lines of "device is in the database" or "no advertisements found"? double check the task sequence you're trying to deploy is targeting the unknown computers collection.

also, note the SMBIOS ID in the SMSPXE.log for each of these systems.  are they unique to one another or do they share the same one?

Divel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,134
Message 3 of 4

Hi Pjorgensen,

Both equipments have bios updated.

In the SMSPXE.LOG only have one line "Not Serviced" for each time i tried to boot to pxe.

I tryed to deploy to unknown computer collection, and tried to add the computer to collection.

This problem was resolved.

We have two vlans' in our company and this server(SCCM) are connected for both vlan's and pass for two ciscos'.

I connect directly to only one vlan and the problem was resolved

Lenovo Employee pjorgensen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,116
Message 4 of 4

good to hear.  if you're trying to connect over vlan's, maybe ask your network team to set up IP helpers in your environment. thanks for the update!

Top Kudoed Authors