Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 458
Message 11 of 15

Re: T490 not imaging

@Hyp_Support,

Ok.  The problem at this point is that you are using the ADK from Nov 2015 (1511).  That has some age to it and does not have the present day support that the latest Intel based models will be needing.

I strongly suggest you look into updating your ADK with the WinPE Add-on to 1903.  This should help decrease the number of drivers you would need to add to WinPE to support models, while giving you support on the latest generation of Intel devices.

In the interim, I suggest you keep your current boot images in WDS, uninstall the previous version of the ADK, install the latest version with the WinPE Add-on, build a boot image in MDT, and finally import and test to WDS.  Enable it and disable it as you test to prevent others from using it.

TLawson

Hyp_Support
Fanfold Paper
Views: 450
Message 12 of 15

Ok, I can see that.  If I point the 1903 version at the old deployment share, will it update everything on its own?  Also, will we still be able to image as long as I don't touch WDS, or will this stop that from working.  And finally, once I finish all that, I have to create all new versions of the Boot Images, correct?  Again, I didn't design or build the environment so I have very little clue what I'm doing.  I've more been maintaining it.

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 436
Message 13 of 15

@Hyp_Support,

@Hyp_Support wrote:

If I point the 1903 version at the old deployment share, will it update everything on its own? 

You really don't "point" the ADK at anything.  Two or more versions of the ADK cannot be installed on the same computer, so you will have to uninstall ADK 1511.  After ADK 1511 is uninstalled, only then can you install ADK 1903 with WinPE Add-on.

ADK Landing Page

Install this first (ADK 1903)

Install this second (ADK 1903 WinPE Addon)

When you go to Deployment Workbench > Deployment Shares and right click on your Deployment Share name, you see the Update Deployment Share option.  The code behind that part of the MMC is designed to look at specific registry keys from when the ADK and WinPE Add-on is installed.  It references the install location to pull the appropriate files for the WinPE.wim files, the optional components, and the other files that it requires.

@Hyp_Support wrote:

Also, will we still be able to image as long as I don't touch WDS, or will this stop that from working?  And finally, once I finish all that, I have to create all new versions of the Boot Images, correct?

By updating the deployment share, you will only generate the LiteTouchPE_x64.wim (or x86) file in your Deployment Shares Boot folder in the file structure.  You will manually have to add the new boot image to WDS with a new name.  At this point, since you want to test the 1903 version, you can leave the current boot image in WDS and continue on with deployments like normal.  I suggest naming the new one accordingly for now to prevent confusion.  While in WDS, you can enable and disable the boot images, so you dont have to risk the wrong one being used until you are ready for the new one.

I hope all this makes sense as you go through it.

TLawson

dlivingstone
What's DOS?
Views: 389
Message 14 of 15

Hi,

i am also having the issue with T490. where the device does the PXE Boot. downloads the Boot WIM File, then displays a blank screen (doesn't go any futher, No SCCM welsome screen) then after a minute reboots. Can you advise what drivers i need to load into the Boot WIM File?

I am running: 

SCCM 1902

ADK Version:  Windows 10 v1809

Hyp_Support
Fanfold Paper
Views: 338
Message 15 of 15

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors