Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
md36
Token Ring
Views: 536
Message 11 of 23

Re: Thininstaller Update r0yvu10e Hotkey Features Integration 9.0.2.12 hangs

1.  How was n1wvu60e originally deployed?  Was it by ThinInstaller, or some other way?

It was deployed using standard sccm driver package

2.  When you run ThinInstaller, what user account is running it?  Is it run through SCCM, or some other way?

We have an sccm package.Thininstaller is lauched through an appdeploy powershell script.

3.  What user(s) are logged into the system at the time that you run ThinInstaller?  Are they admin users, or standard users?

normal user

Highlighted
md36
Token Ring
Views: 536
Message 12 of 23

and now we had another t470s where thininstaller reported installation completed return code 0 for hotkey but when i checked before and after a reboot the driver version was still the old one.Only the second attempt did install it

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 500
Message 13 of 23

I am still not able to reproduce a hang problem upgrading from n1wvu60e to r0yvu10e using ThinInstaller.  I think I am testing same as you, by logging in a standard user and then running ThinInstaller.exe as the SYSTEM user (same as what SCCM does).

For me to help further, I'll need the detailed repro steps how to make this hang problem happen here.

Also, please try r0yvu16e which has recently been released to Update Retriever.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 495
Message 14 of 23

@md36 wrote:

and now we had another t470s where thininstaller reported installation completed return code 0 for hotkey but when i checked before and after a reboot the driver version was still the old one.Only the second attempt did install it

I can explain this issue where you have to run the r0yvu10e installer twice, and I can reproduce it here.  n1wvu60e had the bug where installation by SCCM was not actually finished.  Although setup.exe would return, some parts of the installation were left pending, until an admin user logged into the system.  In your case, normally an admin user never logs into the system.  So the installation of n1wvu60e never finished.  r0yvu10e fixes this issue, but the first time you run it, it just causes the previous installation of n1wvu60e to finish.  You have to run r0yvu10e again to do the actual update.

ThinkNow
Paper Tape
Views: 296
Message 15 of 23

I am experiencing the same issue again with the new 9.0.4.0, when updating from 9.0.2.18 or 9.0.2.12. On some machines it does not install, even though it reports installation successful. Installing the same way as md36.

Running a second time resolves the issue usually. Tested on T480s, T470s, T460s using r0yvu20e. Any ideas?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 277
Message 16 of 23

I just tested an upgrade from 9.0.2.18 to 9.0.4.0 using ThinInstaller and still can't reproduce this problem.  Do you have any suggestion how I can see it here?

eicky
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 17 of 23

Hey!

I have the same problem here deploying „Lenovo Hotkey Features Integration 9.0.4.0“ to a ThinkPad T470 (Model: 20HES83T00) and a ThinkPad X270 (Model: 20HMS6HS00) running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (Version 1809). „Setup.exe“ hangs.

It doesn’t matter if I use the documented way to start the „r0yvu20w.exe“ with the parameters „/PARAM="/S" /SP- /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES“ or if I extract the packet and run the „Setup.exe“ with Parameter „/S“.

„Setup.exe“ also hangs, if I run it without any parameter.

After I kill the „Setup.exe“ the „Fn and funktion keys“ device driver is installed and visible in the device manager. But even after a reboot the „Microphone off“ or „Keyboard Manager“ combinations don’t work. So I guess the required software is not installed.

Both devices are already updated to the newest BIOS version. My tests were run on vanilla Windows-installations without any further software or any old version of the „Hotkey Features Integration“.

After I faced the problem in general, I ran all tests with the local Administrator account. It also happens, when run as SYSTEM account out of our software deployment (Open PC Software Integration).

The problem doesn’t occur on a ThinkPad P52 (Model: 20M90017GE) under the same circumstances (vanilla Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019). With this device, the Setup-programs finishes with success and working function keys.

I can’t test more device types, since this is our current portfolio of ThinkPads.

The problem also doesn’t occur on the mentioned ThinkPad T470 and X270 when I install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 (Version 1607).

I hope, I could give you enough information to reproduce the problem and find a solution ;-)

Kind regards,

Andre

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 175
Message 18 of 23

@eicky wrote:

Both devices are already updated to the newest BIOS version. My tests were run on vanilla Windows-installations without any further software or any old version of the „Hotkey Features Integration“.

You need to install device drivers before installing hotkeys.  Hotkeys won't work without installing the basic drivers, first.

eicky
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 19 of 23

Sorry for the misleading info:
The basic drivers like Chipset, Video, Network, Sound, Wifi, SmartCard, PowerManagement Driver, MultiCard Driver, UnltraNav Driver, WBDI, Power Delivery Controller, Webcam and Monitor INF were already installed by the Software Deployment. Just the Intel Bluetooth and the Hotkey Integration need a specific setup.

With vanilla Windows I ment the fact, that there's no other software or old version of the Hotkey Integration.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 160
Message 20 of 23

@eicky wrote:

Sorry for the misleading info:
The basic drivers like Chipset, Video, Network, Sound, Wifi, SmartCard, PowerManagement Driver, MultiCard Driver, UnltraNav Driver, WBDI, Power Delivery Controller, Webcam and Monitor INF were already installed by the Software Deployment. Just the Intel Bluetooth and the Hotkey Integration need a specific setup.

With vanilla Windows I ment the fact, that there's no other software or old version of the Hotkey Integration.

I see.  I'll try to reproduce this on ThinkPad X270 with LTSC 1809.  Anything else specific I should do?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors