Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giraffaman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 825
Message 1 of 9

ThinkPad L590 - PXE boot not working in UEFI

Hello,

We received two ThinkPad L590s. Both were sent into deployment via an SCCM task sequence. For the first notebook this worked just fine, but the second notebook refuses to boot from PXE (over IPv4) in UEFI. Legacy works fine.

Already updated BIOS to R0ZET33W v1.11 (was v1.06). Our network has several subnets, while the PXE server is on a different subnet than the ports we use at our deployment bench. However, this has not been a problem so far.

I am still trying to somehow get a glimpse at the error message, if any, whlie attempting to boot from PXE but the screen is cleared so fast I can't see it. 

Any ideas on what could be causing this are appreciated.

Giraffaman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 782
Message 2 of 9

Re: ThinkPad L590 - PXE boot not working in UEFI

Has noone here had any similar issues with the L590?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 742
Message 3 of 9

Moved this to Enterprise Client area as there are more experts here who could provide help. 

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 730
Message 4 of 9

@Giraffaman,

You may be able to shoot a video with your phone and then slow or pause the video right when it errors out. 

I have not seen this issue before with this or any other model.  I will look into some BIOS settings in a bit and post back.

TLawson

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 695
Message 5 of 9

@Giraffaman,

In the BIOS, select Restart and set the OS Optimized Defaults to ON or Enabled.  After that select Load Setup Defaults to load the defaults.  Press F10 to Save and Exit.  Once that is done, try to PXE again on this device.

TLawson

c0nfig
Fanfold Paper
Views: 677
Message 6 of 9

Edit* my original reply here was not helpful as I missed the part where you mentioned you're using SCCM.

Have you had a chance to visit your SMSPXE.log on the DP managing the boundary you're imaging from? That is where I would start first. 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 669
Message 7 of 9

@c0nfig,

It appears from the initial post that OP is using SCCM and that one of the two L590 devices worked correctly, but the other did not PXE boot.

TLawson

c0nfig
Fanfold Paper
Views: 662
Message 8 of 9

@tlawson - thanks for pointing out my mistake. I will edit my original post with better troubleshooting steps or remove entirely. I should pay better attention!

Giraffaman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 588
Message 9 of 9

@c0nfig wrote:

Have you had a chance to visit your SMSPXE.log on the DP managing the boundary you're imaging from? That is where I would start first. 

Good point, thank you. However, I am unable to find any usable erro details in the SMSPXE.log (see attachment). You can only see that a client that is not yet in the SCCM database has connected, and then aborts the servicing request immediately.

In the meantime we unfortunately ran out of time and had to deploy that notebook to hand it off to a new employee. Therefore I can't test on this device anymore. At least it was still possible to boot via legacy mode. If I ever encounter this issue again I will either post here or create a new thread about it, possibly with a solution.

Thank you all for your help.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors