Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benninghouse
Token Ring
Views: 501
Message 1 of 3

Thunderbolt firmware update failure on P52s via ThinInstaller

We are trying to update the Thunderbolt firmware (n27ti03w) on our P52s laptops via ThinInstaller. They all seem to be failing with "Installation return code: 100". Does anyone know what this code means? The command line we're using is "FwUpdateTool.exe 1 -s".

I have noticed that the installer will not attempt an install if the laptop is not on AC power so that's the best I can come up with at this time. I have verified that the install files are cached locally and that all the files are extracted from the executable. Is there a way to have FwUpdateTool.exe generate a log? 

Skip

D_Ecke
Paper Tape
Views: 349
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thunderbolt firmware update failure on P52s via ThinInstaller

hi,

little late but: error 100 actually means "AC not detected or battery is lower than 10%" according to a PDF I received from our Lenovo contact (no download link available).

Note that after I updated the Thunderbolt controller driver on a system I had this error with - although both AC was connected and battery was fully charged - the error was gone.

Correction: I did not update the driver (it already was uptodate) but the actual Docking firmware (it was a Thunderbolt 3 docking, Gen1)! That fixed the issue for me...

benninghouse
Token Ring
Views: 337
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thunderbolt firmware update failure on P52s via ThinInstaller

Thank you very much. I will check on our devices that are getting this error.

Skip

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors