Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
otigno
What's DOS?
Views: 170
Message 31 of 32

Re: IX2 major security issues and I've been hacked

I'm posting here  since Ive been hacked recently as well. I have a Storecenter PX2-300D and wasn't warned about the vulnerability of this device. I didn't get any email from Lenovo saying about this matter. My situation is the same as everyone here. All my data was wiped out and they are demanding a ranson in a form of bitcoin. This is the only file left in my NAS.

YOUR STORAGE WAS UNPROTECTED.

YOUR FILES ARE SAFE. THEY HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED AND MOVED TO A SAFE LOCATION. IF YOU WANT THEM BACK PLEASE SEND 0.03 BITCOIN TO THIS BITCOIN WALLET:

1JAEV9RTzcWN2h4ErChgdUkppKSkeHkzwn

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 25th OF OCTOBER 2019 TO MAKE THE PAYMENT OR YOUR FILES WILL BE AUTO-DELETED FROM OUR SERVER.

YOUR UNIQUE ID IS: 125.30.3.199

PLEASE EMAIL US YOUR ID AND PAYMENT CONFIRMATION TO: lenovoEMC@nuke.africa

AFTER THE PAYMENT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD ALL YOUR DECRYPTED FILES, OR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DECRYPT YOUR DATA LOCALLY.

!!! Attention !!!

Do not try to decrypt your data using any third party software.
It will cause permanent data loss!

How to obtain Bitcoin
The easiest way to buy bitcoin is the LocalBitcoins site.
https://localbitcoins.com/buy_bitcoins

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

I was wondering if anyone here have come up of a solution on how to retrieve the files.

To the Lenovo Staff, I hope you can come up with a solution since most of the data I lost was personal. Please get back to me soon. Thank you.

Highlighted
Dubs0489
What's DOS?
Views: 69
Message 32 of 32

Re: IX2 major security issues and I've been hacked

I have also had this same issue. I want to make sure everyone reading this topic is aware, your files were not encrypted and moved, they were deleted intentionally by a scammer, not a hacker.

You should definitely not pay any money. I have researched the bitcoin wallet and there is quite a lot of out going payments to one wallet that recieved 2k bitcoin in total. This is what I assume is a master wallet. Based on the repeated transactions, it is possible that an investigator can trace the block chain back to the original source. If enough people start reporting this, it is very possible that whoever is responsible can be found

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals