Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zach1982
Paper Tape
Views: 182
Message 1 of 4

Storage Manager download for DE2000H storage

Hi Team 

We have recently purchased Lenovo DE2000H storage.

The storage is sitting in the datacenter and I do not have access to it as of now.

I will be onsite later this week to setup the storage, but before that trying to download storage manager from below link and its asking for serial number.

https://datacentersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/storage/lenovo-storage/thinksystem-de2000h/downl...

urrently I do not have serial number handy. Is there a way I can download the software without the serial number? What is the format / syntax of the serial number. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee RAIDGuru
Lenovo Employee
Views: 155
Message 2 of 4

Re: Storage Manager download for DE2000H storage

To download code for DE Series products a SN is required for the entitlement check, there is no way around the entitlement check.  The serail number is a 7 digit number printed on the chin label on the front of the unit..

zach1982
Paper Tape
Views: 114
Message 3 of 4

As mentioned earlier, I do not have access to the device yet as its in the datacenter.

What I could see from the invoice is 

Stock code                                               Stock Desc

7Y70A002WW   / S*******               LENOVO LENOVO THINKSYSTEM DE2000H FC HYBRID FLASH ARRAY LFF 1.00 

Is storage manager must to assign an IP to management port. 

Admin note; serial number edited to avoid possible abuse

Lenovo Employee RAIDGuru
Lenovo Employee
Views: 99
Message 4 of 4

S/N is required, there is no other way.   I've PM'd you additional informatoin.

Please note that Storage Manager is deprecated.   Storage Manager  was replaced by System Manager which is embeded on the controller (instructions are included with the unit, and in the documentation section of the support site).   The Enterprise Management Window was replaced by SAN Manager which is available from the dowload section as well.  The only reason Storage Manager is still available is for the DSM for Windows and the SMcli package.   Storage Manager itself should be removed from the package altogether in a future release.

Regards,

Hans.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors