Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmi2army
What's DOS?
Views: 302
Message 1 of 5

Calendar closes immediately

I have a droid pro.  when I select calendar, my calendar opens in my default view, but then immediately closes.  If i have a reminder, I can view/edit the reminder, but if I attempt to view my calendar calendar it closes immediately.  Thanks for any help

Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: Calendar closes immediately

Dear Vmi2army,

You can try to clear the calendar data to see if that works. Here is how to do it:

from the homepage of you phone:

menu->settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Running

There will be two Calendar apps running, one is called Calendar, the other is callled Calendar Storage, click on both of them and do the following:

click on "clear data" and then "force stop".

After you did for both "Calendar" and "Calendar Storage", you can try to open Caledar from your application again.

You will be asked for the enter the account info again, if you got "Waiting for sync" click on "Manage accounts", double check all of you accounts with Calendar sync checked.

You should be able to get your calendar application opened, if still no go, please do a Factory Reset.

Regards,

Bin

curlyhaircutie
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

Hello liu.tiger2,

I just tried this on my Droid 2.2.2 and it stopped the calendar from closing unexpectedly.  Yeah!  Thanks!

But now I have no data in my phone calendar and I'm not clear from the above directions how to sync it to my laptop calendar.  The gmail account with which the calendar is associated is listed in the phone in Accounts & Sync as "sync is on".  The calendar itself is not listed in Accounts & Sync.

What do I do now???

Thanks!

Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

curlyhaircutie,

Glad that fixed your problem.

If you look at the calendar, it shows all calendar events from diffrent source. The local phone calendar will not sync back to your computer. but

1. when you add event on the computer, if you added it into google calendar, it will automatically sync with your phone as long as setup the gamil account on the phone. (which you did).

2. when add event on the phone, ensure you choose which calendar you want to add into. on the top of the screen, when you add new event, you could choose where to save the calendar, ensure you choose your gmail account, not the phone calendar. (different accounts are color coded, so you could tell by the colors.

If the data you cleared was only on the phone calendar, I am afraid you've lost them. Please also check you enable the visibility for your calendar.

when in calendar, click on menu button, Calendars, ensure your gmail calendar is synced, and visible.

Regards,

Bin

curlyhaircutie
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

Whew!  I think the google gremlins finally moved out of my phone. 

Had me worried there for a while.  There were no events on my phone calendar.  I added two events on my laptop calendar and they did not sync with the phone calendar.  I tried to enter an event on my phone calendar, and even though it opened and I could access it, I received the message "You have no calendars." 

A couple minutes later, all events suddenly reappeared on my phone calendar!  Including the events I had cleared.  I went into one event, tapped the address and the map opened up as it used to.  Looks like all is back to working order.

I still don't understand why the calendar stopped working or why it is now working again, but your suggestions must have had something to do with fixing it.  Thank you, liu.tiger27!