cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willdogs
What's DOS?
Views: 943
Message 61 of 913

Re: Droid Pro / Droid 2 Global owners: How is corporate sync working for you?

Test 1

- Plugged into USB Power
- Set to Screen On While Charging
- Inbox Open (Foreground)

Getting Emails ok. Push getting emails about 10 secs - 2 minutes after reaching my Outlook inbox on my PC.

Test Duration: 10 Minutes

Test 2

- Plugged into USB Power
- Set to Screen On While Charging

- Inbox Closed. Home Screen in Foreground.

Getting Emails ok at first. Was recieving Push getting emails about 10 secs - 2 minutes after reaching my Outlook inbox on my PC. Then after about 10 Minutes of testing I STOPPED  recieving push emails

In order to receive emails again, I had to bring my inbox back into foreground.

Test Duration: 20 Minutes

After my testing it seems to me that there may be some sort of Push Service that doesn't stay active once I close out my inbox.Once I go back to my Inbox the service restarts and I start to receive mail again.

k2rm
What's DOS?
Message 62 of 913

Test Failed.  Only received push for about 30 minutes while plugged in.  Emails are no longer pushed...

Sugrat
What's DOS?
Message 63 of 913

I just checked with other employees with Android phones and the ones with Samsung based units are not having any problems with either the native app or the touchdown (most prefer TD because of the extra options).

Like the others have said, if i keep my phone alive it works better...

eggman211
What's DOS?
Message 64 of 913

No such luck Matt.  Worked for 30 minutes or so as usual and then push stopped working.

Administrator
Administrator
Message 65 of 913

Appreciate all the tests!

Can I ask one more thing -- please check your user profile and make sure that your phone model (and MEID) are up to date. I just want to be sure we don't have reports of problems with Droid Pro but the owner profile mistakenly says Droid or something. Thanks.

I just want to assure everyone that this is getting the highest attention, even if there's not a lot of activity that's visible at the moment.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Message 66 of 913

@michaelk, are you really running an original Droid, or have you not updated your profile? If that's the case, please do so -- thanks!

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
obeatty
What's DOS?
Message 67 of 913

I plugged my phone in and have the screen set to remain on and have been testing/observing for about 90 minutes and so far I've been receiving push mail within a minute of them hitting my outlook mailbox.

Caveat, I DO NOT have push selected on my Gmail account.  I will turn that on and see how it responds.

droidpro70
What's DOS?
Message 68 of 913

I have a Droid Pro and have also been having this issue. I've tested TouchDown by suggestion of Moto support, and I also tested Good Mobile Messaging since we have a license and server here at our work. I tried the other items that people have mentioned also, like background data turned on, confirm data push is turned on, put battery to performance mode, and also what Matt suggested earlier by trying the "stay awake" option. After all this testing, including wiping the phone, removing and re-adding my exchange account on the phone, it didn't work. So I called back in to Moto support and updated my case. (I had previously opened a case with them yesterday after viewing this site).

They said that I should send my phone in for them to see if it was a "faulty unit" and they would "reload the software". It would take about 5-7 business days. I said that's a huge inconvenience for me, but I'll need to do what I need to do. The interesting thing was that the 3 people I talked to didn't know anything about people having issues with the Droid Pro (or other Droids). But it's understandable since they work with a ton of other issues each day.

Anyway, luckily I remember that I've had the Droid Pro for under 30 days, so I just called up Verizon and asked for a replacement. Which they're sending overnight to me.

I don't think this will fix anything, but at least I can try out a new Droid, and cross my fingers that it will get fixed. I will definitely keep my eyes open for Matt's response though, and I hope they come out with an update that fixes this. From all my testing and from reading what others have said, it seems to be a Motoblur or Native Email app issue on the Droid. I also thought it was an antenna issue with data transferring, but I've tested that out and the antenna and data transferring seems okay. If there's no fix soon, I'll be going back to Blackberry. I love Android phones, but I really need reliable email synching (and qwerty keyboard), and so far the "Business" Droid Pro, isn't cutting it.

dendox
What's DOS?
Message 69 of 913

For those new to the droids by Moto, note that these conversations have been

going on for a VERY long time. We get nuggets from time to time from the

team, but they aren't really juicy/informative. We have been holding our

breath for a while, hoping for new updates that will fix our issues. Many

waited well past their 30 days hoping that Froyo would fix everything.

Clearly, it didn't.

We were mindful that this new global phone would bring with it some new

ideas and possible fixes for our phones - as I think Moto was hoping for as

well. It appears that it hasn't.

My word to you - if you have any hesitation about the phone - don't wait

until after the 30 day window to address your concerns with verizon.

It is very nice to see that this appears to be getting some real attention

now. Hopefully they get it fixed soon and this is all a moot point. But,

as of now, given past experience, I would say plan on trading your phone in

on day 29 if you are having any issues with exchange sync.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:00 PM, droidpro70 <

e-lu
What's DOS?
Message 70 of 913

I agree with Dendox.  I wish I had tried trading my D2 in before the 30 day period expired.  This problem has been going on for months, I believe since prior to the D2 launch.  It is exactly as bad today as it was when I got my phone in September.  However, I don't know if it is affecting every Droid unit.  (Including my own D2, I am aware of 3 D2/DX phones at my office, all have push problems). 

If you have experienced this problem and you are under 30 days, you should definitely exchange your phone with Verizon.  Now.  It's unclear whether it will help, but it's certainly not going to hurt.