cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfh2001
What's DOS?
Views: 1,299
Message 1 of 913

Droid Pro / Droid 2 Global owners: How is corporate sync working for you?

I have a Droid2 and Corporate sync data push doesn't work properly for a number of us.  The problem is also known to be present for many DroidX users.  Look around those forums a bit to see what I'm talking about.

I'm just trying to gauge how widespread the problem is across the current generation of MOTO devices and the proprietary MOTO android builds.  If you have your corporate sync account set to 'push,'  are you consistently getting your emails in a timely manner, or do you have to manually refresh?

jongraytv
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 913

Re: Droid Pro / Droid 2 Global owners: How is corporate sync working for you?

So far its been really intermittent for me. Sometimes it pushes correctly and other times nothing seems to happen until I manually enter the email inbox and it forces it to update. Not great for a business orientated phone. Hopefully a fix is in the works!

michaelk1
Token Ring
Message 3 of 913

yikes- I thought mine was doing that sometimes but wastn't certain.

Seems I wasn't imagining it.

It really is feature packed and rivals even touchdown in my head.

But well put- email not pushing for a business oriented phone is a big no no.

jongraytv
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 913

so far its a great phone and feature packed - I have a touchdown license so If it doesn't get fixed soon, I guess thats where I'll be heading. I won't be returning the phone as I think its great - I just need my corporate exchange to work as it should...come on Motorola!

obeatty
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 913

Depsite having "push data" selected, it does not.  It will only download emails when I open the email app or manually select refresh.

Administrator
Administrator
Message 6 of 913

Hi.

I've moved this discussion into our "Android for Business" community, where we have some Exchange experts who can try to help.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
rfh2001
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 913

Unless your exchange experts have a new OS build to push out, they're likely not going to fix anybody's problems.

jongraytv
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 913

I have to agree with the above post, this really is ridiculous especially as this is one of the selling features of the phone. is there exchange activesync logs on the phone that we can send to Motorola to help diagnose this?

Also just curious - what version of exchange are others experiencing this issue on? I'm connected to exchange 2003. Wondering if these issues are related to the version of Exchange.

Administrator
Administrator
Message 9 of 913

We've been working hard to create a special team to support Exchange. This community has been here for a few weeks, but we've not publicized it yet. We have been getting the team ready. They are experts in Exchange environments and work closely with our development team. Our plan is to direct all Exchange issues to this community over time. I was hoping that this would be seen as an effort on our part to really focus on this important area of our phones.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Moto_Michael
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 913

This is Michael from the Enterprise support team.  We are very interested in hearing about any synch or other e-mail related issues with your Droid phone and providing you with solutions.  Regarding the specific issue with push, if you can please send some additional details it will help with researching the issue.  What system version is running on your Droid Pro (/Settings/About phone)?  Is the phone set for push (/Settings/Data Manager/Data Delivery/Email and Corporate Synch/Email Delivery/Data push (confirm checked)?  What version of Exchange (and SP) are you synching with?  If you are synching in the evening, if the battery mode is set to Nighttime saver it will affect push synching.  Either myself or a team member will respond after we have the additional information requested.  Please note that the Enterprise support team has an extensive testing lab available and can work to replicate any issues and then work to a solution.  Thanks!