cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
e-lu
What's DOS?
Views: 797
Message 31 of 913

Re: Droid Pro / Droid 2 Global owners: How is corporate sync working for you?

Michael,

This is extremely insulting.  I question what sort of tests your team did.  Did you leave the devices operating and off a charger for an entire day or two, set to push, and then send emails throughout the day?   If you did this, I am confident that you would have seen this problem is it is completely replicable on devices that have the problem.  Sending one email to a device as soon as it is turned on and seeing that it arrives timely is not sufficent to test for this problem.

I echo the frustration of others.  At our office we have all manner of devices connected to our exchange server without problems.  The only devices that have hiccups are the Droid X, 2, and PRO.  To say that the problem is on our end is just irresponsible.

tmj0812
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 913

Michael,

I concur with the other replies.  I don't understand the explanation that this could possibly be a server configuration issue, as all other devices work perfectly in our enterprise Exchange environment, including other Android phones, Windows phones and iPhones/iPads.

I am more than willing to assist in a troubleshooting process if that would be of interest to Motorola.  Is there a Test Case that I could use that was used by the Motorola team prior to publishing the software?  I can perform the test and record any deviations from the expected result.

Can you help us better understand the process that the Motorola QA team follows to certify that the Exchange functionality is working as expected?

Thank you,

- Tim

dendox
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 913

This is seriously the official moto response on this issue?

I appreciate your attempt, but am disgusted by the delivery.  Vanilla apk works fine, as does touchdown.  Only the motoblur version doesn't work...........yet it is on our end?

give me a break.

rfh2001
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 913

My push functionality worked for about 2 weeks before I encountered problems.  Has your team used the same phone/email account/exchange server configuration for an extended period of time?

I'm just pointing out that your comments seem to fly in the face of hundreds of users on these forums.  It seems we users have proven the exact opposite of what your team has proven.

fxholl
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 913

What Michael is trying to say is that there are various ways for an enterprise to deploy Exchange.  When we at Motorola test our software, we are testing against a certain limited set of configurations that we hope are the most common.  The reality is that we can't test against every possible Exchange deployment configuration.

You tend to develop your code against what you know, and what we have found out is that in many cases is that our client software was thrown off by certain configurations we did not think about.  In most cases we made changes to our client so that it handles that specific type of deployment better.

We will try to help every customer that has issues with Exchange working on their phone, and Michael's team will help with that. 

We are also vastly increasing our testing capacity to that we will have the ability to test against a greater variety of deployments.

Hopefully with better testing and better support we will be able to get you the quality that you guys expect.  Until then we'll keep working at it.

Gdwheel
Punch Card
Message 36 of 913

This morning: immediately received a couple of emails and then it stopped.  Restarted phone (Droid Pro) received two more emails pushed within 15 minutes of restarting.  Then an hour-and-half with no pushed emails while my other phone received 10 emails.  Restarted again, some result.  It works for awhile and then stops.  I guess I will be returning the Droid Pro.  Too bad -- it is a good device otherwise.  I am sure a lot of people who buy this device expecting to replace their BBs will be returning them, too.

fxholl
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 913

Anyone, if you are experiencing push issues and have the ability to create a test account for us, please contact me via PM.

If we have a test account, we can provision a device that is equipped with special logging software that may help find the root cause of your problem.

DXjjones
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 913

Sorry, Touchdown works everytime, all the time. The problem is Motoblur, period; not exchange configuration.

k2rm
What's DOS?
Message 39 of 913

Wow, I have had my droid 2 global for a week now.  I have been searching the web to find answers for this exchange push issue as my problems are identical to other's here. I had to join this community to respond to that obtuse response claiming that the software syncs "perfectly."

I find it amazing that this is Motorola's response.  This is my first Android phone, coming from a crappy windows mobile phone, and before that a Blackberry. Neither of those phones ever had an issue with exchange.  HTC phones don't have a problem.  Iphones don't have a problem.  There are apps available that work just fine, namely Touchdown.  The list goes on.  However,  Motorola is clearly having a problem.  Why don't other manufacturers have the same problem if it is indeed our exchange servers?

What part of the above paragraph do you guys at Motorola not understand?  I will try to be as clear as possible...

Your software is not working.  Period!!!

We users should not need to open a service number with you get our phones to work.  Period!!!

If you claim that your products are suitable for corporate users, you should make sure they push emails seemlessly from exchange servers before releasing into the market.  Period!!!

I have another 3 weeks to try out this phone with Verizon.  If I see another post from a Motorola employee that tries to blame user's exchange accounts and not admit that Motorola's software is defective, I will return this phone immediately.  Period!!!

Can you hear me now?

Sugrat
What's DOS?
Message 40 of 913

I have to say thanks to the moto team... i showed that reply about exchange settings causing the issues to my team and we all had a good laugh - we are going to use that when our customers call with issues... it's not us, it's you...

Nice...