cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obeatty
What's DOS?
Views: 1,005
Message 41 of 913

Re: Droid Pro / Droid 2 Global owners: How is corporate sync working for you?

I'm NOT and IT guy, but I don't understand how this issue is being caused by our server...

If my phone receives pushed email from our corporate server while it's "awake" then push must be working correct?

When phone is "asleep" it stops receiving push email from our corporate server, this is a server issue?

Again, I'm not an IT guy, so I guess its' possible, but it just doesn't make very much sense.  How would my server know when the phone is sleeping?

e-lu
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 913

Today has been an all-time worst for my D2.  Between my corporate synch and gmail accounts I've received over 50 emails today.  Zero emails have pushed to my phone.  Push is turned on, all my passwords, etc. are correct.  When I manually refresh, all of my emails come in right away, they just aren't getting pushed. 

Awesome.

willdogs
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 913

I am an IT Engineer for a large airline and I have been asked to test the Droid Pro for the airline to see if it is a viable alternative to the Blackberry (We have about 500+ Blackberry Users)

I was excited to test the new Droid Pro until about a day after I had it. The Corporate Sync is terrible. I have tried all troubleshooting steps short of wiping the phone and starting over.

I carry 3 phones.

Blackberry - Receives Corp push email perfectly

Droid Incredible - Receives Corp Push email perfectly.

Droid Pro - Does not receive Corp push email until I manually view my inbox.

After a reboot, it will work great for about 20 minutes and then starts to stumble and then all together stop reciving push email.

I don't need to give details as to what my issues are, because they have been explained here fully.

I will monitor this thread and hope that motorola Provides a better response.

I cannot give my Company Leadership a good score for this phone if this issue is not resolved.

michaelk1
Token Ring
Message 44 of 913

michaelk wrote:

So my GUESS at that moment was that once the screen timesout, and the inactively lock kicks in then my fetch interval of 15 minutes kicks in. Thought it was the LOCK turning push off and forcing the connection to the Fetch interval.

To try and troubleshoot, since it seems the users need to take charge, I shut off my inactivity lock and can confirm it has nothing to do with this. Push sucks when it's set or disabled. So it's not related to that.

michaelk1
Token Ring
Message 45 of 913

can you toss us an apk that will log on our devices and we can give you our logs?

fxholl wrote:

Anyone, if you are experiencing push issues and have the ability to create a test account for us, please contact me via PM.

If we have a test account, we can provision a device that is equipped with special logging software that may help find the root cause of your problem.

I'd love to set you up but i'm on a hosted server so it costs me money to add you a box.

willdogs
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 913

Following up

I decided to completely wipe my phone (Factory Reset) in order to take out any variables (Badly wrtten app I may have downloaded, phone config setting that I may have changed, etc.)

After the phone came back up, I reactivated as normal and ONLY added my Corporate Email. Nothing more. No Apps downloaded, no google account syncing, no facebook, Nothing.

After entering in my Corporate credentials and leaving it alone to sync up for the first time I started to get FALSE authentication errirs. I hit the sync button again to Retry and mail started to download again. I had to do this over and over until all of my mail from the last 3 days (default) was downloaded to the phone.

I then Checked the Data Push Option and put the phone in my pocket.

An hour later, only the first 2 of 15 emails that I receved in that hour were pushed to my PRO. The others downloaded only when I opened the Mail app to view my mail. Since then, I am no longer getting mail pushed and have to manually open the email app and wait for it to download.

After reboot it will work for a short time again and then start to fail the same way.

My Incredible and Blackberry once again are working with no issues.

After my testing I am convinced that there is a bug in the Moto Software. I am quite saddened to see this as we had high expectations for this phone.

I have alot of experience with Android OS but mostly on HTC phones. This is the first Moto device I have been given to test and I hope that the powers that be come out with a solution soon. If no solution is found soon, I'm sure many companies will not be willing to make the investment to purchase the PRO.

android101
What's DOS?
Message 47 of 913

I do not see any attempt at hitting our exchange server from these phones that are experiencing this issue. With my phone, I manually sync'd was able to then see the phone communicating after almost 2 hours of no activity.  I had around 75 emails come through in that time.

Tell us it's our problem?  You better do some further "tests" as you call them before you start pointing your finger at your customers.

Would you like me to send an alogcat log to a developer?  What can we do to help you realize this is not an exchange issue.

We have put the Droid2, Droidx, and Droid Pro on our "black list" of phones as of now.  We've had many people wanting these phones but we have to tell them as of now, they are not reliable for email.  Some are willing to wait, some are upgrading their BlackBerry to another BlackBerry.

By the way, I also have a stock 2.2 Android device from another carrier (personal) that I have had connected for 3 weeks with not one issue.

Slimey
What's DOS?
Message 48 of 913

Outlook Web Access version:    8.1.393.1
Exchange Client Access server .NET Framework version:    2.0.50727.4200
Client Access server operating system version:    Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
Client Access server operating system language:    en-US
Microsoft Exchange Client Access server version:    8.1.240.0
Client Access server language:    en-US
Client Access server time zone:    Central Standard Time
Microsoft Exchange Client Access server platform:    64bit
Mailbox server Microsoft Exchange version:    8.1.240.0
Other Microsoft Exchange server roles currently installed on the Client Access server:    Hub Transport
Authentication type associated with this Outlook Web Access session:    Basic
Public logon:    No

also see intermittent push with Hotmail ActiveSync via m.hotmail.com

phone info: Droid2, Version.2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US

Background data: enabled

Data roaming: disabled

Data enabled: enabled

Data Push: enabled

fetch schedule: every 15 minutes

sync over wi-fi only: off

Battery Mode: Nighttime saver

Gdwheel
Punch Card
Message 49 of 913

This problem even effects Touchdown and sometimes Gmail.  Check the various forums and people are noting these problems -- only with Moto devices.  The device has to be going inactive (or asleep) for all of these programs to have problems.  In my experience Touchdown seems to be slightly better, but still does not push correctly and suffers from the same issues.  The latest Moto software really seems to be problematic.

rfh2001
What's DOS?
Message 50 of 913

this is incredibly disappointing (and enraging) - I'm pretty much defeated at this point...

MOTO, please give us working email....please?  All I can do is beg at this point.

Is there an app that keeps MOTO phones from sleeping or timing out?