cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obeatty
What's DOS?
Views: 848
Message 51 of 913

Re: Droid Pro / Droid 2 Global owners: How is corporate sync working for you?

I'm having the same issues with Touchdown...it does not reliably push mail once my phone has been "asleep" for more than a few minutes.

obeatty
What's DOS?
Message 52 of 913

I wonder if this is battery related.  In other words, the software, in an effort to maximize battery life, is shutting down certain functions.  I'm sure the intent was not to limit exchange functionality, it may just be an unintended consequence.  Much like car companies do, they program their transmissions to shift at certain points to maximize MPG...unfortunately, there is no manual transmission option right now from Moto...

android101
What's DOS?
Message 53 of 913

Apparently the higher ups at MOTO are aware of the problem, a maintenance pack is in the works.
rfh2001
What's DOS?
Message 54 of 913

Without any real technical knowledge of the OS, I think the problem is entirely related to changes in OS process management triggered when the devices go to sleep or the screen times out.  Connections to corporate email are severed at this point and fail to reconnect (most of the time).

obeatty
What's DOS?
Message 55 of 913

I really like this phone so I'm hoping they deliver something, or at least let us know, before my 30 day return window closes.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 56 of 913

If any of you are at a desk for an extended period of time, can you test this? Keep your phone plugged in and under Menu > Settings > Applications > Development select "Stay awake."

I'm wondering if the email will flow if the screen never shuts off.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
willdogs
What's DOS?
Message 57 of 913

I'm testing this now for the heck of it, but I don't think it will resolve the issue since mail does not start syncing until I OPEN my inbox. I can wake my phone up all I want but mail wont push until I open the Mail App and specifically go into my Corporate Inbox.

I'll let you know how I make out.

I've set the development to "screen on while charging" and have it plugged in.

I've also gone to my inbox to initiate a Push, since just looking at my homescreen will not initiate anything.

k2rm
What's DOS?
Message 58 of 913

I am testing.  I power cycled the phone to get push to work and changed the settings as instructed. 

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 59 of 913

Agree that it's something of a long shot, but I don't want to miss a chance to verify or eliminate a possible factor.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Gdwheel
Punch Card
Message 60 of 913

Agree.