cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obeatty
What's DOS?
Views: 867
Message 71 of 913

Re: Droid Pro / Droid 2 Global owners: How is corporate sync working for you?

It stopped working.  The last three emails I received never pushed.  I had to manually sync.  This was with the phone plugged in, and screen set to remain on while plugged in.  Gmail was still set to not sync during this time.

k2rm
What's DOS?
Message 72 of 913

Interesting.  I haven't received a push from my corporate email in over two hours although my desktop has received about 20.  I just got a push from GMail, about a minute later I got a push from my corporate email for a just received message.  Did receiving the Gmail push wake up corporate sync?

fxholl
What's DOS?
Message 73 of 913

@Android101 - re the logs you posted.

My dev team looked at your logs and noticed that the device did not have connectivity:

W/EASEmailSvc:2( 1321): com.motorola.blur.service.email.protocol.activesync.ASException: Problem executing HTTP POST

W/EASEmailSvc:2( 1321): Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: SSL handshake timed out

That is most likely the cause for your issue.

dendox
What's DOS?
Message 74 of 913

also interesting to note (at least for me) - the stock android email apk works consistently.  I usually get my mail within 5 seconds of it hitting my inbox.  In using it since about a week after the froyo update, I have only had one occassion where it stopped communicating with my exchange account (requiring a manual pull).

I haven't changed anything else.  Still have push enabled.  Still have gmail working.  Still have my phone screen going dark.  This really leads me to believe it is a MOTOBLUR issue because my device has no trouble using the google app.  If it were the phone, or my server, I would still be having these issues, and I am not.

android101
What's DOS?
Message 75 of 913

No connection via Verizon or to our Exchange I wonder..  I was able to get out to the web at that time.

Thanks for the reply fxholl, if they are interested I can post more logs when this is happening.

michaelk1
Token Ring
Message 76 of 913

Matt (Forums Manager) wrote:

@michaelk, are you really running an original Droid, or have you not updated your profile? If that's the case, please do so -- thanks!

whoops sorry- thought i had updated that. 

looshus
What's DOS?
Message 77 of 913

In our corporate environment we are using Good Mobile Messaging.  We have 6 other Android devices that have been working perfectly on 3 different carriers.  We just received a DROID Pro for testing.  The DROID Pro has shown all of the issues that have been mentioned in the forum thus far.  When the screen is turned off, data screeches to a halt, even when the Battery Manager settings are set on "Performance" mode.  We have had 3 Android devices on Verizon sitting side-by-side on a desk.  The screens are all off.  We sent e-mails and the two non-Pro devices got them and the Pro just sat there.

This is definitely a bug, in another forum I was reading where a Motorola moderator actually came out and said that they were aware of the problem and were working on a fix for this.  I will try to find the link and repost it.  Maybe the other mods here can confirm?

**Edit** The link to the post is here:  https://www.supportforums.motorola.com/message/252436#252436

See post # 297 in this thread.  There is also some other good info and feedback from other users there.

android101
What's DOS?
Message 78 of 913

I believe that would have been the 2.3.20 patch he was talking about.

Our Verizon rep did state that he has been in contact with their Motorola contacts, they are aware of the issue and a fix should be on it's way in the near future...of course there was no specific date given. 

ShaunInCali
What's DOS?
Message 79 of 913

Hi There,

I  work for a company with 20+ Android phones.  I've seen about 3 or 4  instances where the Droid 2 has an issue with Exchange email.  Email  will stop getting pushed or stop retrieving on the specified interval.   You can still force email to download by hitting the refresh button at  the top of the inbox.  However, when this happens outgoing email just  sits in the outbox and doesn't send.  This has happened with phones  running 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3.

I  haven't found any good solution to fix this.  Turning off/on data push,  rebooting the phone, and recreating the ActiveSync account all result  with the same issue.  I've had to data wipe each phone as this issue  arises.

I'm looking to see if there's any debugging or troubleshooting I can do to find out:

A. Why this happens (as far as I can tell, the issue arises randomly)

B. If there's a less-nuclear way to fix it

Thank you for your help,

--Shaun

looshus
What's DOS?
Message 80 of 913

Thanks for confirming, 101.

Hopefully we will see a fix soon.