cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leobg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 494
Message 891 of 913

Re: Droid Pro / Droid 2 Global owners: How is corporate sync working for you?

The self signed certificate issue they describe is not the same as our (d2g/dpro) unreliable sync issue.

Hopefully that never-seem-to-be-comming Gingerbread or whatever it is update, will address the reliability of the exchange activesync for us...

asnyder1
Punch Card
Message 892 of 913

Signed up weeks ago for beta testing for an update and haven't heard anything since that time. Is the update to fix exchange syncing ever going to come?

Current: Moto Z Force Droid (upgrading to LG V30 as soon as released, Moto has lost my business)
Past Moto phones: Droid Turbo 2, Droid Turbo, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Droid 3, Droid 2 Global, Q9h
e-lu
What's DOS?
Message 893 of 913

Probably not.

asnyder@sartaonline.com wrote:

Signed up weeks ago for beta testing for an update and haven't heard anything since that time. Is the update to fix exchange syncing ever going to come?

asnyder1
Punch Card
Message 894 of 913

Maybe with Google purchasing Motorola's phone department they will finally get this issue fixed, or just release an update without all the blur crap:

http://news.yahoo.com/google-buy-motorola-mobility-12-5-billion-113914772.html

Current: Moto Z Force Droid (upgrading to LG V30 as soon as released, Moto has lost my business)
Past Moto phones: Droid Turbo 2, Droid Turbo, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Droid 3, Droid 2 Global, Q9h
katurner
What's DOS?
Message 895 of 913

I am on my 3rd Pro - it is a POS when it comes to Exchange syncing.  IF you need to sync with your e-mail via Microsoft Exchange, RUN, do not walk away from this phone.  The phone will sync with exchange (we use Exchange 2007) for an invariable period of time and then have connection problems.  I have spent countless hours with customer service trying to solve the problem.  i have tried EVERY solution known to mankind... two replacement phones, rebooting/wiping phone clean, resetting via battery removal, updating roaming, deleting and re-installing e-mail data, downloading Touchdown Application (this worked well for 20 days and stopped).  I have done a lot of Internet research ont his subject.  The issue is a Motorola phone issue NOT a exchange server issue on my end nor a provide rissue.My employees use I-Phones, Blackberrys and other Android phones with ZERO issues.  After 9 months of this B.S. I had the final last straw yesterday.  AFTER I agreed to once again factory reset my phone (that is a total pain by the way) my e-mail began to sync, for about 12 hours.  It has failed again.  I told the customer service rep at Verizon that this was the last event forme in this phone - i would try the "fix" knowing it would fail and when it did i needed a new phone.  They tried to put me into a Pro again and I said "NO WAY" and after some stern arguing they are sending me a HTC Incredible 2 today to replace this POS Pro.  This is the worst cell phone I have ever used.  Completely unreliable... I miss my old, boring, reliable as the day is long Blackberry.  Motorola, you CHOKED on this phone and it is no wonder your once strong cell phone business fell into despair and is owned by Google.  I hope the Google folks knock some commone sense into you and your next generation phones... hint, they need to work with e-mail exchange!

northbank
Fanfold Paper
Message 896 of 913

I've been wondering whether in the last few months Moto ever really fixed the EAS problems with it's Droid phones. Sounds like maybe not for the older ones like Pro.

What about the more recent ones like X or Bionic?

I say this as someone who is eyeing the newly announced Droid RAZR.  But as someone who has been saying to himself "don't touch MotoBlur with a ten foot pole" because of issues like EAS and how Moto handled it so poorly.

leobg
Fanfold Paper
Message 897 of 913

Exchange problems are COMPLETELY cured on Droid 2 Global and Droid Pro since the Gingerbread update. D2G just got it (again, this time finally), can't remember about DPRO, but difference of how much better this phone becomes after switching to Android Gingerbread is HUGE.

With my D2G, at one point I simply stopped using the phone because it was so unreliable. But now after having the Gingerbread for couple of months (I got it on the first wave) I am back using this phone and I'm can personally confirm all known bugs from FroYo have been addressed and resolved with the latest software.

If you are not on Gingerbread, wait until you get it, then judge the phone again. In no way I am saying Motorola has no guilt of taking it so long to get the thing straight! But as people say - better late than never!

katurner
What's DOS?
Message 898 of 913

I rec'd a reply from Motorola on my post saying the same as you.  One would think Motorola would make sure this update is made widely available and well known to users and service carries to fix the obvious wideapread issues that they have with this phone... Verizon did not know about this possible solution as of yesterday. Once burned, twice shy for me - a...b... C ya Motorola!

eric_dc
What's DOS?
Message 899 of 913

Yes, I am happy to report, that after this upgrade, which I just got over the weekend, my corporate email finally works. It is extraordinary to me that a company as big as Motorola could have let this problem persist for so long. I just got use to it--realizing that I had to forward my work email to gmail so I could check it when the corporate account would get locked up, if I was traveling overseas, or I needed to send an outgong email.

Have not had a chance to see if the upgrade fixes the problems I have encountered when overseas. I hope it does. And I hope that Motorola (even once it is part of Google) learns a lesson here. NEVER release a "corporate" oriented phone again, unless it really delivers.

It is no wonder that as the WSJ reports today, Motorola has lost so much market share in the last year.

john_gaythorpe
What's DOS?
Message 900 of 913

I have the new Atrix 2 and Corp Sync does not work. So still broken there.