10-29-2011 08:11 AM
Since my DroidPro received Gingerbread last week I have been having intermittent Push issues. Everything was fine before 2.3.3. Another Pro user in my office has the same issues. Anyone else?
11-14-2011 11:46 AM
I have been supporting Droids for a while now. I have several Droids running againist the exchange server (2010) and find that The Droid Pro (2.3.3 did not correct the issue for my users), my Droid 3 usesr experience the same issues. I however have the RAZR (after letting VZW know that if it didnot sync I would be returning it) and it has been working perfectly for the last 5 days (I received it one day earlier than the 11/11 release date).
I have not had a whole lot of extra time with the DroidPro/Doird 3 users phones (no body wants to give it up since Touch down is working) but after update no change in linking to exchange through the corporate app.
11-14-2011 01:30 PM
So mbenson, you're saying that your Droid3's & DroidPro's still have synching problems, whereas your new Razr has been synching fine. Right?
11-14-2011 03:02 PM
yep. Razr is working great. I am suppose to get a hold of one of the Droid Pros Thursday to try to figure out what's up.
One difference I know right off is the GR versions are slightly different the Pro is 2.3.3 and the Razr is 2.3.5
I'll update you if I find anything else on Thursday
11-15-2011 06:12 AM
The Sync with the PUSH on Exchange Servers for Droid PRO, Droid 3, Droid 2 and other GB devices was modified and should work without any issues.
11-15-2011 06:45 AM
Now that you mention it, in my case the release prior to Gingerbread fixed all Droid Pro push issues for me. Since gingerbread, I've started having some again. They're not nearly as bad as the original problem, but once or twice a week push just stops working. Most of the time, simply doing a manual check gets it started back up but I've had to reboot the phone a couple of times.
11-15-2011 07:19 AM
I haven't had any push sync issues since the update a couple weeks ago. I didn't have to do anything to my exchange setup account but set it to push. My D2Global has been keeping right up with my HTC EVO Shift personal phone with new email notifications. I am moving to the Razr with the lapdock 500 as soon as it gets here so at least I got push email for a couple weeks after not having it the rest of my 2 year plan.
11-15-2011 07:37 AM
I switched to the HTC Incredible 2 about 3 weeks ago when the Droid Pro (3rd phone BTW from Verizon due to its inability to consistently sync with my e-mail) absolutely would not sync using the ridiculous tricks they CS folks ask you to accomplish. The HTC phone synched for a few days then failed. I did the synch dance and rituals of re-installing the email data and even resetting the phone... even installed the Touchdown App and K9 app... each did not work. Decided to dig deeper when visited my IT people in the ATL. I had a lot of e-mail in my in-box so we created sub folders and allowed sync for in box which was a few weeks of messages and only synced a week of mail. E-mail synched for a few days then stopped again. I was resigned at that point to just mirror my exchange e-mail with forwarding to another e-mail account. After a few days of no synching I deleted all the e-mail apps and re-installed (again...) the e-mail sync data on the phones e-mail client. The phone has synched now without issue for a week... it could have somehting to do with the new update Verizon pushed out for HTC phones (Gingerbread update) or could be luck... I am not holding my breath. I use Exchange 2003 which I am told has more issues than later versions. Unfortunately it seems the delete and re-install method is the only solution for re-establishing e-mail exchange if you find yourself in the abyss...however, even this failed with the Pro after awhile. I am hopeful the luck continues with the current success and will report back if it does.
11-15-2011 07:41 AM
Droid 2 Global and Droid Pro issues were all fixed with Gingerbread update. If you are having issues, even with HTC products, which are super reliable, I would check with your Exchange server settings or firewall settings. Seems an issue there, not the phone. I know there was a firewall setting we had to change to allow the connection to stay open longer... as well as a few Exchange settings to allow certain devices.