Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shmiam
What's DOS?
Views: 2,081
Message 1 of 16

Email read/not-read status, not syncing

My Droid X is synced to Microsoft Exchange Enterprise for my work and works reasonably well.  What is not working is e-mail status on the server.  Specifically, when I open, read, reply or forward e-mails from the Droid, the messages do not reflect these actions on my email Exchange account on my desk top computer (indicating that a message was read, forwared, etc): emails that I opened and read using my Droid appear un-read, etc--so it is not fully syncing.  The reverse does work: if open an email on my desk top computer, it will appear as opened and read on the Droid, but not the other way around. I am a recent BB convert, and this was never an issue.  I cannot locate any settings to correct this.  Is this a known Android OS bug?  Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

S.

shmiam
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 16

Re: Email read/not-read status, not syncing

PS: Exhange 2010 SP 1; Droid X OS 2.2

Moto_Michael
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 16

Did you set-up a corp-synch account on your phone, or e-mail (pop3) account?  Using the corp-synch account, you should see e-mail items synch between your server/desktop and mobile phone.

Have you applied the most recent over-the-air update / MR4 to your DroidX?  It will bring your phone up to system version 2.3.340.

If you did create a corp-synch account, have applied updates and are still seeing this issue, then I recommend you create an incident/e-mail through the enterprise support portal (https://motorola-enterprise.custhelp.com) to receive support for this issue.  Thanks,

Michael

mlevy1
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 16

I'm experiencing this also with my Droid Bionic which I acquired two days ago. I am using corp synch, not POP3 or IMAP. I have found that if I read the message on my phone, it will show as read on my computer. However, if I read the message on my computer, it continues to show as unread on the phone.

Android version 2.3.4.

-Mark

appleseed
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 16

i ak slo seeing this on my atrix 2 using exh 2007. it marks as read but not forward or reply markings.

fxholl
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 16

This is actually a limitation of the ActiveSync version we are supporting on our devices: In order for status to be synced to the server, we would have to support the newest version of ActiveSync (14.1), and then status syncing would only work against a Exchange 2010 server (not EX2007 or EX2003). 

Support for ActiveSync 14.1 is coming.

appleseed
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 16

when you say nor 2007 or 2003, are you saying that those versions are already supported or they wont be supported at all?

our htc and samsung devces support these features just fine today, btw...

fxholl
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 16

I say 2003 or 2007 are not compatible with ActiveSync 14.1, therefore status sycning will not work on any device using ActiveSync as a protocol/

appleseed
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 16

well, something is off because when i use my htc or samsung, everythings operates lik it should. it is only motorolas that have an issue.

fxholl
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 16

Just want to make sure that we are talking about the same thing: you are saying that,  on your HTC or Samsung device, with an Exchange ActiveSync account set up that syncs with a mailbox on an Exchange 2003 or 2007 server, when you mark an email Read on the device, that email will now appear as read on the server (ie appears as Read in Outlook for PC or OWA)? In that direction?