Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rudra
What's DOS?
Views: 1,518
Message 1 of 4

Hotmail Account error - Incorrect username password - Atrix

This problem started after the recent update to Motorola Atrix. I have set up two hotmail accounts in the default mail app. After the update, i started getting errors after some of the mails were downloaded. Is the mail app mixing authentiation tokens for multiple hotmail accounts?

Anyone else has this problem???

Highlighted
rudra
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hotmail Account error - Incorrect username password - Atrix

After several attemps I am convinced that this is indeed a multiple hotmail account issue and I am most definately not fat fingering the passwords. Mail app works fine now that I have a single email account. I have two accounts set up on the Gmail app (work + personal) as well as 2 account is the Yahoo mail app and no problems. Also on a side note, in the default e mail app, when a mail does not fit on the screen, a perfectly horizontal swipe is required to pan the mail. I am mentioning this since I noticed that after the update, using swipe genture for jumping to/fro the next home screen was significantly more sensitive. Now, even a light flick jumps to the next home screen. good job! Now ,can the forum manager put this on a "to do" list for the moto blur / mail app team. To get a better idea, try the Gmail app and see how easy it is to pan the emails. Thanks

haralam
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

I think your are correct that it is a multiple same email provider error in Motoblur.  You have it in Hotmail and I am having it in Yahoo.  I have two Yahoo accounts and one is the default email.  The one that was the default is prompted with a connection authentication error. And "incorrect username or password. Visit settings to correct" with two buttons choices of Settings or Retry.  I too have two gmails and another email account also entered and those do not have a problem.  Just the yahoo that is entered as the default email.   Any suggestions?  They need to fix this.

MOTO_Tarnisha
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Please check to make sure you have the latest software release. A release was recently deployed for the Atrix. The Software Update for AT&T Motorola ATRIX™ 4G should be 4.1.57.  Then remove your accounts, reboot and re-add accounts.

I hope this resolves your issue.