Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rudra
What's DOS?
Views: 1,511
Message 1 of 4

Hotmail Account error - Incorrect username password - Atrix

This problem started after the recent update to Motorola Atrix. I have set up two hotmail accounts in the default mail app. After the update, i started getting errors after some of the mails were downloaded. Is the mail app mixing authentiation tokens for multiple hotmail accounts?

Anyone else has this problem???

rudra
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hotmail Account error - Incorrect username password - Atrix

After several attemps I am convinced that this is indeed a multiple hotmail account issue and I am most definately not fat fingering the passwords. Mail app works fine now that I have a single email account. I have two accounts set up on the Gmail app (work + personal) as well as 2 account is the Yahoo mail app and no problems. Also on a side note, in the default e mail app, when a mail does not fit on the screen, a perfectly horizontal swipe is required to pan the mail. I am mentioning this since I noticed that after the update, using swipe genture for jumping to/fro the next home screen was significantly more sensitive. Now, even a light flick jumps to the next home screen. good job! Now ,can the forum manager put this on a "to do" list for the moto blur / mail app team. To get a better idea, try the Gmail app and see how easy it is to pan the emails. Thanks

Highlighted
haralam
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

I think your are correct that it is a multiple same email provider error in Motoblur.  You have it in Hotmail and I am having it in Yahoo.  I have two Yahoo accounts and one is the default email.  The one that was the default is prompted with a connection authentication error. And "incorrect username or password. Visit settings to correct" with two buttons choices of Settings or Retry.  I too have two gmails and another email account also entered and those do not have a problem.  Just the yahoo that is entered as the default email.   Any suggestions?  They need to fix this.

MOTO_Tarnisha
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Please check to make sure you have the latest software release. A release was recently deployed for the Atrix. The Software Update for AT&T Motorola ATRIX™ 4G should be 4.1.57.  Then remove your accounts, reboot and re-add accounts.

I hope this resolves your issue.