Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmiller025
What's DOS?
Views: 887
Message 1 of 2

Icons for email accounts

This is a multifaceted question, but all related to the email functions on my Droid X.

Gmail is a separate app than the messaging app that combines all of the email accounts you may have. The messaging app assigns a generic icon to each of these email accounts, and I am wondering if it is possible to change that generic icon, so that I can understand which of my three email accounts that fall within the messaging app has the new email message.

Is there also a way to to include the gmail app within the messaging app, so I can free up space on my home screen? The text messaging app works this way, and I wish there was a way to put everything to be accessible within the same icon.

Moto_Michael
What's DOS?
Views: 887
Message 2 of 2

Re: Icons for email accounts

Regarding the messaging app, your text messaging and corp-synch accounts appear and each should update with a small red icon that increases as new messages arrive for each account.  I normally use the notifications at the top of the screen to help quickly indicate which account has received e-mail.  It may be possible to set-up your gmail account as a corp synch account.  Use your e-mail address as your user account, and use m.google.com as your server.