cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jscheroid
What's DOS?
Views: 1,353
Message 1 of 12

Message stuck in Outbox (Corporate Sync on Droid X)

I composed and sent a message this morning, but it will not go:

DX22-CorpSync-Outbox-1205-HVGA.png

I tried both push and polling, many efforts at manual sync in various folders, and toggling the verify certificate setting. Also power cycled the device once or twice.

To capture the above screen shot, I used the Android SDK. While I was connected and viewing the Outbox, I tried Refresh from the menu. In the debug log that scrolled by, it said Outbox was skipped. Perhaps that's normal or perhaps that indicates a problem? Unlike some mail clients, there just arean't a lot of obvious buttons and settings to try.

This device was purchased with Froyo pre-installed and email was set up on 11/30/2010.

Anyone have thoughts on how to unstick this message (and prevent future problems)?

Moto_Andy
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 12

Re: Message stuck in Outbox (Corporate Sync on Droid X)

Seems like you tried many different steps in trying to solve this problem, but did you try to remove the account and recreated again?

Could you provide the details on what version are you running on your Droid X phone?  Simply go to Settings, about phone, System version.

Additionally, what version of Exchange server are you connecting to, and if there are any policies that are being applied to you phone?

Thank you,

Moto_Andy

jscheroid
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 12

Thank you for your response.

I think the problem might have had another cause: I was testing the K-9 Mail application side-by-side with Corporate Sync to address the ability to copy from received messages and to view EML-format attachments. Although K-9 was set to poll every 15 minutes, seemingly leaving many large windows for Corporate Sync, it seems to stall for long periods of time. This didn't occur to me until today because Corporate Sync could still sync manually for the Inbox and Sent Items. When I set K-9 to "Never" poll and power cycled the device, the message stuck in the Outbox went right out. So that's some indication that the two programs may not be able to operate simultaneously, but I haven't reached a final conclusion one way or the other.

jimbo44
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 12

I am having a similar issue with a Driod Pro and Exchange. Message sits in outbox but message is continuously sent out every poll. Only way to clear it is to remove the email profile and recreate it.

Moto_Andy
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 12

Jimbo44,

Thank you for contacting Motorola in regards the problem with your Corporate Sync account. 

Can you provide more details on what version of Exchange are you connecting to? 

Additionally, Droid X is getting the latest phone software update this week, have you tried to download this software yet? 

jimbo44
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 12

No problem.

Exchange 2010

I have not seen an update yet.

Some additional details.

It seems to only happen with a message that has embeded HTML and attachements.

Attachments are small. < 50kb and are for the embeded HTML.

Moto_Andy
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 12

Jimbo44,

First, I would check for updates on the phone, to update your software to the current version, than see if this would make any difference in regards the emails being stuck problem.

Second, I would check with the Exchange IT Admin, to find out if there are any policy settings in the Exchange Active Sync, that are allowing HTML formatted emails.

Hope this helps,

Moto_Andy

jimbo44
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 12

This morning when i had the phone it said it was up to date. The phone is not mine so i can't check the system version at this time.

The policy affecting active system is set to allow HTML-formatted email.

You stated that the update is for Droid X is the update for Droid Pro as well? The user has a Pro.

Thanks for the help!

mazinga1
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 12

Hello,

I am having the same issue at our corporate office, we have about 100 droid 2 and droid pro phones and at least 4 times a week someone sends an attachment and it gets stuck in the outbox. It then continues to resend that same email over and over until we either pull the battery on the offending phone for about 10 minutes or delete the account on the phone.

Did anyone find an solution to this?

fxholl
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 12

@mazinga - can you share the software version of the devices having the

problem?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:43 AM, mazinga@7 <