Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhson1978
What's DOS?
Views: 2,593
Message 1 of 8

Motorola Blur Microsoft Exchange send email issue

Hey guys. I have Motorola Blur. I was able to set up corporate email syncing to Exchange 2010 server.

I can sync pretty much everything from contacts to calendars to email. However, I CAN NOT Send Any emails out from my phone?

I've heard iPhone had this same issue with Exchange 2010. Who ever has Blur are you able to send email from your corporate email account?

fxholl
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 8

Re: Motorola Blur Microsoft Exchange send email issue

Hi, you should abolsutely be able to send emails from your device if your mailbox is on an Exchange 2010 server.  Can you receive emails?

ambrodsky
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 8

I have the same issue, but find I only have the issue when I'm sending an email with images in it.  So m ost of the time I'm replying to someone who has at least one small image in their signature line or has an attachment on the email.  This is when I can't send the email.  If I send an email with no images, it works. 

fxholl
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 8

I am asking our eng team about the possible reasons for this.  In the meantime, it looks you have a Droid X.  Did you upgrade to the Gingerbread build?  What is your Exchanger server version, if you happen to know it?

ambrodsky
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8

I did.  I'm part of the soak test (even though I know anyone can pull it).  It's Exchange 2010.  It id it on the last Gingerbread build as well. 

fxholl
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 8

Are you an IT admin by any chance? Or do you have access to them?

There could be an issue with the Sync Settings tab in the Exchange Admin console related to message size, blocking attachments/attachment size, preventing HTML email, etc.

ambrodsky
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8

No I'm not. And I don't think it's that since it worked fine in FroYo. Also, other android phones work fine with it.

MOTO_Tarnisha
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 8

The latest release does included added security features and advanced Exchange policies so verifying whether or not the "allow attachments" options is enabled is a good idea.